My hydraulic functions work correctly in L mode but barely work in any other mode. When I switch to the other modes, the engine revs up but there are little to no hydraulic functions. I just purchased a repair manual for this machine and am trying to figure this out but I would greatly appreciate any help pointing me in a direction to go to resolve this. Thank you.
2 things to check 1) Engine fast idle is not set properly 2) Look for worn/loose injection pump linkage.
Thank you for giving me some direction to go with this. I checked the throttle linkage and it seems to be in good shape. There might be something I'm missing with the engine fast idle, but the engine seems to rev up correctly in every mode. One thing I just figured out though (because of another thread that you helped on) is that my hydraulic pressure warning light is on. I couldn't find what that light means in any of the manuals but you answered it in someone else's post. I changed my spin on hydraulic filter, and the light is still on when I use any of the hydraulic functions. The oil in the filter however was milky from water intrusion. This is a problem that I have been dealing with for years with this machine. It took out the hydraulic pump to begin with and after I got the pump rebuilt and changed the oil around four times, my oil is milky again. Could this milky oil be causing the hydraulics to only work when the engine is in low idle mode? When the hydraulic pump went out the first time, the hydraulics were slow in every mode. Thanks for any help
While this is not good, it will not cause your issue. You need to attach a tachometer to the engine and physically measure engine rpm's. Then adjust to specification per the Operation and Test Manual TM1508.
I've found the information in TM1508 on the specs and how to adjust the linkage on the injection pump, but one thing I can't find is, is there a tachometer that I can get to plug in somewhere, or do I need to get one that reads off of a mark on the crank. I apologize for my lack of information and I greatly appreciate your help.
You need either a tach that clamps on the injector line Or a photo tach