Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi 270LC-3 hydraulics help needed

Cornbinder ยท 2022-06-08 20:48

Sorry for the wall of text but i kept as short as possible. I am trying to help out a friend and i am learning as i go on this so be patient with me. I am a car, truck, and farm equipment mechanic so i have a basic knowledge of how some of this works. No one close has a scan tool we can use. The local Deere dealership won't return his calls. The 2 local heavy equipment mechanics both told him they would come, but never showed up so he called me. I repair his trucks and tractors for him. I have found a little info on Google but not much. He uses this for his business so he needs to get it fixed. The excavator is a 2010 Hitachi 270LC-3 Zaxis 8000+ hours. Hydraulic pump has 300+/- hours on it. Short story, He was doing some work to the excavator(replacing track frame and turntable) and accidently cut the wiring harness to the hydraulic pump. We found a wiring diagram and got the harness repaired. Here are the symptoms: 1. Sometimes the auto idle does not work when moving the levers in the cab. Does not idle up. This is intermittent. 2. When it does idle up, it does not idle up all the way and the pump sounds like it is in a bind. Hyraulics work but are very slow. 3. Sometimes it will idle up, the hydraulics work, but it will idle back down while still working the levers in the cab. This is also very intermittent. Codes from MCU: 11208-4 pump 2 pump control pressure sensor low pressure abnormal 11101-4 engine speed control knob sensor high pressure abnormal I verified that that the pump 2 pressure sensor had 5 volts on the power wire and a good ground. I didn''t know what voltage to look for on the sense wire that goes to the MCU. He replaced the pump 2 pump control pressure sensor today. He unhooked the batteries to reset everything. He started it up and had same symptoms. The 11101-4 code stayed but the 11208-4 code is gone. Now there is a 11208-3 code which is Pump 2 delivery pressure sensor high pressure abnormal. This sensor has 5 volts and a good ground. What should i see on the sense wire? Could the MCU have gone tits up? The kicker is mice chewed up a bunch of wires in the cab while he had it down for repairs. We have fixed all we can find. I am afraid something got shorted during the mouse feast on the wire. I have a wiring diagram and nothing else to work from. I greatly appreciate any help.

Replies0

No replies yet.