Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 690E LC Parts Interchangeability with 790E ??

Eagle Chief · 2022-12-25 10:36

I know my way around a John Deere 690E LC pretty well but have never been around a 790E. I am wondering if many parts are interchangeable. Specifically, the hydraulic swing motor? The 690ELC has a Linde Type MMF-63 Swing Motor. Does anyone happen to know what's on a 790E? I may be able to source one off of a790E If it would fit, it's a long way from me though.

Replies7
  1. #1Welder Dave2022-12-26 03:21

    Are the 690E and 790E both made by JD or is the 790 sourced from Hitachi? I thought the 690E were last machines built by JD but not sure about the 790E. A brochure shows the 790E and 892. The 892 is a 300 Hitachi. I knew a guy that dug pipeline and wanted an Hitachi but had to settle for a JD because of the arrangement with Hitachi in Canada /N.America. He much preferred the Isuzu engine and I think it sat lower so the hyd. pump inlets were lower.

  2. #2Diesel Dave2022-12-26 10:32

    The 790E swing motor is not remotely close to a 690E swing motor. Pic of 790e swing motor below. What happened to your swing motor ?

  3. #3Eagle Chief2022-12-26 10:42

    One of f the brass sleeves came apart.

  4. #4Diesel Dave2022-12-26 10:52

    Interesting, that’s the same type of failure that was occurring in the main hydraulic pump. To help alleviate the problem , in the early 90’s Deere recommended to change the hydraulic oil to 10W30 oil in 690Es and 690Ds

  5. #5Diesel Dave2022-12-29 09:04

    FYI, the 690E cab is the same as 490E thru 992E. I tried to respond to your Wanted cab door parts thread but the site won’t let me.

  6. #6Eagle Chief2022-12-29 09:53

    Thank you

  7. #7Eagle Chief2022-12-29 09:55

    We run 10W30 oil but it probably had regular hyd oil for years before we got it