Hey there is the no dipstick on the rotary gear box on a 690e lc I looked in manual and can’t even find where is says the oil it takes thinking maybe it’s all hydraulic oil? Thanks
From the Deere 690E operation and test manual , The swing gearbox (R) is a double planetary reduction gearbox. The output shaft of swing motor (H) is splined to the first sun gear (I). A multiple wet disk swing brake (F) is also splined to the first sun gear. This brake is spring applied and hydraulically (pilot oil ) released. Oil from the pilot pump is also routed to the swing brake cooling port (J). Most of the oil is used to cool the swing brake and lubricate the planetary in gearbox. The tapered bearings on the output shaft (A) are lifetime lubricated. An oil seal is used to seal the cavity for the bearings from the oil used to lubricate the planetary.
So.....no level check, as the planetaries are lubricated by pilot oil?
Sorry for double post. Stoopid site is wonky again.
I went and searched all over mine again today and I can not find a dipstick anywhere, I had a mechanic here and he said it’s the first excavator he has looked at that didn’t have its own oil, on my Hyundai excavator it has a long tube with a dipstick
Yup, as I mentioned in my first post “Oil from the pilot pump is also routed to the swing brake cooling port (J). Most of the oil is used to cool the swing brake and lubricate the planetary in gearbox.”