I have a john deere 690E-LC track hoe and we recently put in a new motor, prior to this it worked fine, after new motor was placed in, we hooked the cables and it automatically tries to start. We can get it running but when you try to use it, it will die because of hydrolics. Please help. Does anyone know of a wiring diagram?
Those starters are known for having contacts stick. I end up replacing starters about once a year. Did you switch all the electronics to new motor? They have to use the computer to control engine speed and hydraulic pump or it won't work at all. Might just need to perform engine rpm/hydraulic pressure adjustment procedure.
So, when you put the battery cables on, it sarts on its own, with the key switch off? Do what bckhoe1 said. I have 2 of these,one of them started acting up when the hyd. fluid got to operating temp, sluggish and very slow.Had operator run it while I layed on top with the doors open, just kind of looking to see if I could see anything obvious, and that's when I saw it. The breather vent filter for the hyd. tank was plugged, whitch would cause the main supply hose between the pump and tank to suck shut! New filter and it's been running like a striped-ass ape ever since. Somehow I just overlooked that filter at the last P.M. service. Also check to make sure the hyd. speed control is adjusted properly.Your dealership should give you a wiring diagram, unless they're a bunch of d*%ks. If they can't, I can try to see if I can scan & e-mail a copy to you.