I have a 1994 John Deere 690elc when I travel the track motors they surge, it travels fine for a few seconds and then it gets lazy, the swing also seems to be doing the same. Also if I switch it to manual over ride it does nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to HEF Eric ! Serial number? Is this something that just started happening? Does it happen a full travel speed or when metering? How do the hydraulics (digging functions) work?
Hello Serial number i can not seem to find This has been happening as long as I have owned this machine. it happens full travel and does not move really metering. If I max out a boom function while traveling it travels fine. Digging functions are working good
Serial number should be on the right side of the cab near the boom cylinders. How long have you owned it? Paint one pad on each track. Raise one track off the ground and perform a cycle time test. Work mode "HD", Power mode "P", track in "Rabbit mode". Take a running start and measure how long it takes to perform 3 revolutions. Do this for both tracks and post.
Serial number is 549913 iv owned it for a few years but have never used it. Hydraulics did not work at all when I bought it, I changed the computer and everything started working. left track was 36.54 3 rotations Right track was 1minute 1rotation, if I pushed down on boom the right track would go really fast until I stopped apply pressure on boom, then it would slow down
24 seconds is the maximum for travel cycle time. Remove the hydraulic and pilot filters and inspect them for debris. If you have gauges and a service manual (TM1508) I would check pilot pressure first. If pilot pressure is good then check pilot pressure at the travel spool caps to see if it is where it needs to be. Unfortunately if the pilot pressures are good then you need to be really good with gauges to attempt any other adjustments to that machine.