I am looking for the schematics for the Hydraulics on a John Deere 70D or Hitachi 60. Can anyone help?
You will need to acquire the tech manual TM1407. As far as I recall, the only schematic available for that machine was a wall chart that had to be purchased. The tech manual doesn't even have have a full schematic. It just has theory of operation of the various systems with individual schematics for that section (example; theory of boom section with a schematic of just the boom section) plus it has a diagnostics section. Also a Deere 70D is also a Hitachi EX30, not a 60.
All, I have just replaced the hydraulic pump on the 70D. I still have the same issue I had before pump replacement. No hydraulic function appears to have pressure. I have yet to add a gauge to check pressures but I have just installed a completely rebuilt pump. The bucket will curl and the crowder will move in and out. It will very slowly swing one direction but not the other. The boom will only bounce up an inch or so with each lever pull. Machine will barely track one direction. All filters and oil is new. Is there something that should be staring me in the face that is wrong? Is there a PRV that could be causing this? I don't have a manual, but as mentioned in the above reply, it sounds like it may not be of the greatest of help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure where to start, but I need to start somewhere!! Lol. Thanks in advance, Dave
Good day Dmack Can help with Hitachi 60-3 however according to the diagram it has fixed displacement so I am not sure if this would be of help, if you know which Hitachi 60 you refer maybe we can find some information. Kind regards Uffex
Tee into the outlet line of the pilot pump and check pilot pressure. Spec is 570 +/- 70 psi at idle. The manual I mentioned (TM1407 Operation and Test Manual) may be a little short on schematics but will have all the adjustment procedures you would need for that machine as well as theory of operation. TM1408 is a repair manual which would have tear down and assembly procedures.
An EX60-1 is the same as the 70D.
I stand corrected.
Check your pilot pressure
OK gentlemen. I installed a gauge and checked my pilot pressure. The machine has 600 psi pilot pressure. Where do I go from here? Is there a prv that I need to focus on?
Hi All, John Deere 70D excavator is similar to Hitachi EX60-1 excavator. It has been installed double Axial Swash plate type A10V43LV1RSV43LV pump. The hydraulic system is "OPEN CENTER & CONSTANT HORSE POWER" control principle.
Good day Your thread specifies that the pilot pressure is good - the spools for the travel function are manual operated do these work OK ? Have you checked the pressure for the working pumps P1 & P2 ? Kind regards Uffex
Might want to make sure you have pilot pressure getting to the caps on your control valve as well. Has the system relief valve been tested/inspected/replaced? New or Reman pump? From a reliable rebuilder or dealer? Has the suction screen, hydraulic filter and pilot filter been replaced? Bottom of the hydraulic reservoir and filters inspected for debris? Has the hydraulic oil been replaced? What brand, what viscosity? Pumps bled of air on installation?
I have changed all filters. Cleaned the tank. Replaced all the hydraulic fluid with new. As I stated earlier, the pilot pressure is 600 psi. If I install a pressure gauge in the for the main pump, where do I need to place it? Before any function, or downstream the control block? If downstream, do you just have to keep moving the gauge around till you find the culprit? No function works properly. Some will work better than others, but nothing with any resistance. Is there a system pressure relief or does each function have a relief on it? I can't really see the bottom of the block, so I can't tell if there is anything on the bottom side.
Good day Dmack As I am interpreting your thread the pilot pump has been replaced and the pressure readings are good - according to the diagram you have two more pumps P1 & P2 there are no test points illustrated so this would involve mounting a test point at the delivery port of each of those two pumps - test P1 by full stroking or dead ending the bucket cylinder and P2 use the arm, important measure the pressure at working tempreture using both full and idle speeds should have approx. 3000 psi. Its strange that the pumps in the diagram are illustrated as fixed where as in the specifications I note that these are varible. If you could supply the details from the pump labels and a good photo maybe the help can be more appropiate to your machine. Hope this helps kind regards Uffex
Good day If your pump looks similar to the illustration in the attached file it will confirm that the circuit diagram is of poor quality and misleading, hope the information is of help. Kind regards Uffex
You should check the regulators of main pump. If the spool and bushing is loosen, then pump can not increase flow!
JD70D or EX60-1 main pump.
got this same setup EX60URG and trying to go through the hydraulic filters. do you guys mostly just clean the suction filter? they aren't readily available from anyone. i'm taking the mount out of the tank tomorrow so i don't know how bad it is yet but found a couple morsels of steel in a track motor we just rebuilt so i'm trying to get filtration up and fix the wiper on the bucket cylinder. its not bad leaking but it definitely is looser and spends more of its time in the dirt.
and I can't seem to find the o-ring that seals this bottom cover that allows removal of the suction filter. the part number seems to be good for both deere and hitachi but nobody has it which seems a little surprising vs. not so surprised that new suction filters aren't flying off the shelf. can't really tell from the diagram if it is the seal for the mounting flange to bottom of tank (since no gasket is shown) or its a seal between the suction fliter and the flange and you maybe seal the flange back on with silicone gasket maker? thanks A810160
Depending on how dirty it is, I've usually cleaned them. Just don't use brake clean as this seems to make old brass screen dis-integrate. This suction screen is used on all Deere/Hitachi products from EX60-1/JD 70D up to EX150-1/JD 590D.
This o-ring is used on Deere/Hitachi excavators from the old UH models right up to current models so it should be very readily available. The previous part number was TH100679 and is listed as 159.300 x 5.70mm or 6.272 x 0.224" in the understandable scale.
Does anyone have a repair manual for the John Deere 70D please help, this is my email address ( [email protected] ) I hope someone can help me thank you