Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deere on RitchieSpecs

davecampbell ยท 2020-07-10 20:17

I went to pick up a John Deere 690B so I checked the width on RitchieSpecs to see if I would need an oversize permit. It was listed at 7.92 feet. Got it up on trailer and it looked more like 10ft! When I got home I looked up my 790D that I know is 11ft and it was listed at 9.83. Is this rare, or should I be using someplace else to look up diminsions?

Replies9
  1. #1361brock2020-07-10 20:29

    Depends on which undercarriage setup you have, standard or long and wide. Most dozers and excavators come with variations.

  2. #2mitch5042020-07-10 21:54

    And I believe the track frames on those can b e unbolted from the carbody to narrow them up.

  3. #3John C.2020-07-10 22:14

    I've never trusted Ritchie Specs for something that might cost money if it is wrong.

  4. #4361brock2020-07-11 07:07

    The 790 JD had either 24 or 31 inch track shoes, same as 792. The 24 inch shoe version had an 8 roller frame which was 1 foot shorter than the LC version which had 9 rollers.

  5. #5davecampbell2020-07-11 19:52

    Mine is an LC and has 31 inch pads. overall width is 11 ft. If it was 10 1/2 wide I could by an Oklahoma permit for $44 per month. at 11 ft its $44 every time I move it.

  6. #6Welder Dave2020-07-11 21:42

    Ritchie specs. aren't the best to rely on.

  7. #7davecampbell2020-07-11 22:15

    Is there a better source for the data?

  8. #8Welder Dave2020-07-12 02:02

    OEM brochures. https://www.deere.com/assets/pdfs/common/products/excavators/excavator-mid-size-b-series-690b.pdf

  9. #9suladas2020-07-12 14:31

    Their specs are right sometimes but wrong so many times. If i'm questioning one of their specs I just google the machine and see what other sites say and if it matches.