Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 710G extendhoe line leak

Keith Merrell ยท 2023-04-18 23:43

I recently bought a 710 backhoe. The hose that actuates the extendahoe is busted. How do I get to it? Do I have to unpin the whole stick and pull it off? Haven't been able to find any videos on it. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612023-04-19 05:29

    The extendable section gets removed. Then the cylinder can be pulled out of the stationary section to access the hoses. The pin that the bucket links attach to the side of the arm are also attached to the rod of the extension cylinder. That pin has to be removed. I like to remove the bucket and all the links. Less to deal with. All the hoses for the bucket cylinder and auxiliary hydraulics between the boom and the stick need to be disconnected. The upper wear plates and shims on the top and bottom of the extendable arm have to be removed to remove the extendable section (pay close attention to the placement and numbers of washers under the bolt heads as well as the shims on the wear plates). You will need some sort of lifting device to slide the extension off the stationary section.

  2. #2Keith Merrell2023-04-19 10:08

    Thank you, good explanation. I will dig into this sometime this weekend when I get the time.