Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

john deere 710g won,t start

sbarrett ยท 2012-01-02 20:09

a friend of mine with a john deere 710g, ask me to help him with a non-start situation.being a novice backhoe owner and only working on my 310a which is quite old compared to this sophiscated machine,i noticed that when trying to start it would only turn a few revolutions before slowing the the starter speed,like the hydraulic pump was dragging down the starter.i also checked to see if the solenoid on the injection pump was clicking,like the one on my old 310a,but it is not.could these two problems have a common cause,any help would be greatly appreciated,

Replies3
  1. #1willie592012-01-02 21:19

    I don't know anything about a 710G, really have no advice. But I would start with testing the battery to make sure it's good.

  2. #2csthompson122012-01-02 21:28

    I'm assuming you check the battery. It also sounds like what mine was doing when the starter failed.

  3. #3sbarrett2012-01-03 06:30

    both batteries are new and fully charged,and it will spin much faster when we wiggle the steering wheel to relieve some hydraulic pressure.