Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 724K

cat 325ccr ยท 2011-01-05 17:59

brand new

Replies26
  1. #1cat 325ccr2011-01-05 18:05

    can't figure out the new unloader, hard to use

  2. #2Sk1872011-01-05 21:09

    The K series looks identical to the J series did they change much of anything?

  3. #3I AM IRONMAN2011-01-23 04:24

    sk They made a lot of changes with the K. The Monitor and electronics are much better and easier to use, more power. Many cab features, auto diff lock, lots of attachments. Nice Loaders!

  4. #4Deereman2011-01-26 22:26

    Keyless start, joystick steering, quad cooling and more. They feel just nearly like a 644

  5. #5BigIron252011-01-31 00:41

    I Like the Ks too, comfortable and fast to learn. Second nature after a few hours.

  6. #6John C.2011-01-31 21:32

    What do they have in the way of emissions equipment?

  7. #7DBarron2011-02-25 09:28

    K loaders are Tier 3 emissions, 724K is an interesting size machine to me. It's like a 644j on crack

  8. #8Deereman2011-02-25 22:36

    John, the K's are using pretty common tech to beat emmissions. Cooled egr,VGT turbo, high pressure common rail fuel, and 4-valve heads. Not far off of what your ford super dutys were running running.

  9. #9Trashman2011-03-05 19:19

    The 724 looks sharp will it be able to load the 350D truck?

  10. #10Deereman2011-03-05 20:03

    Oh yea. Around 3 feet of clearance..

  11. #11Trashman2011-03-05 20:16

    Great! We have a 350D truck that we currently load it with a PC400. Thinking about going with a wheel loader and the 724K looks like a beast.

  12. #12Deeretime2011-03-06 01:07

    Tried loading a 350d truck with my 744j, it works but will never get a good load like a hoe... or as fast !but the k series kicks butt just got my new 624k a week ago

  13. #13Trashman2011-03-06 14:00

    It is purely a cost cutting move. Management doesn't care about productivity. lol

  14. #14Trashman2011-07-29 17:23

    Took delivery of the 724K, I must say that I am not as pleased as I thought I would be. It does not have near enough counter weight for a full bucket. We are loading a JD 400D truck and the bucket will rake the bed when backing up.

  15. #15Deereman2011-07-29 21:41

    Did you get a TC,Z Bar or a Powerll linkage on that 624? I'm not all that big of a fan of the 724's just because theres not that much difference between it and a 644.(or to me atleast) what kind of bucket did you get on it??

  16. #16Trashman2011-07-30 08:45

    We got the general purpose 4.75 CY bucket. We should have bought the 844K.

  17. #17DGODGR2011-07-30 12:27

    Seems as though that would have been pretty easy to figure out with a demo (prior yo purchase of course).

  18. #18Trashman2011-07-30 13:50

    Gee, ya think? We are the perfect example what can happen when people who know nothing are in places of power.:Banghead

  19. #19Deereman2011-07-30 17:31

    Yea that sucks. Sounds like the 724 is now going to get used like an 8?? Oh Well. throw some picts up if you can?

  20. #20Trashman2011-07-30 18:22

    Oh it will get used, since it is the only thing we have to load the trucks. I suspect that it will be used beyond it's capabilities and worn out before it's time. I like Deere products and just wish that we had bought the 844 like like I originally suggested. I'll try to post some pictures this week.

  21. #21Trashman2011-08-01 17:49
  22. #22Deereman2011-08-01 19:59

    Can't see it on my end??

  23. #23Trashman2011-08-02 07:31

    Yeah, I can't see it either. I'll try again later.

  24. #24Trashman2011-08-18 21:34

    We ballasted the back tires of the 724 and now she is almost perfectly balanced. She is starting to grow on me. Rented an 844K for a screening operation we are starting. Do any of you have any experience with the 844?

  25. #25Steel2011-08-26 18:52

    That's a neat idea to ballast the rear tires. How much weight did it add? Does it really make a difference in the height of the front end when loaded?

  26. #26Trashman2011-08-29 13:21

    Between 900-1100 pounds. It made a big difference in the way the machine handles. It made no difference in the bucket height.