Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 755C ECU

Jamie Vandenberg · 2018-12-04 13:15

I have a 2002 John Deere 755C with a bad ECU. I am looking for a Company that could possibly repair? Or used one? There is no new ones available at this time.

Replies17
  1. #1mg23612018-12-05 05:00

    If your serial number is below 6200, then the transmission controller is available. Over 6200 and it would have to come from Austria.....could take awhile. Sorry, don't know anyone that could repair. Maybe someone out there has an answer to that question. I would like to know myself.

  2. #2Jamie Vandenberg2018-12-05 06:13

    My serial # is below (5655) I have tried to order the controller here in Canada and have been told they are none in stock and can not get any. Even from Germany. I was told from a Liebherr dealer here in ontario they might make some more in 2020? If someone has a contact of a place that has one I would appreciate it.

  3. #3mg23612018-12-05 06:21

    That's odd, it shows in stock in one of the Deere U.S. warehouses (I'll double check that). Why do you think you need a controller?

  4. #4Jamie Vandenberg2018-12-05 07:05

    The local Deere dealer here in Ontario diagnosed the ECU to be the problem with my machine. It stopped driving. They can get it to move with a test box that plugs into the harness plug at the ECU. I am thinking about taking the ECU apart and have someone take a look at it and see if its simple as a cold solder joint or resistor/diode gone bad? I know it's a pricey part to buy but the machine is an expensive boat anchor.

  5. #5Vetech632018-12-05 07:27

    Dam, Ide start looking for a used replacement at an equipment salvage before I went that far.

  6. #6laycobeau2018-12-05 10:07

    I might be able to help. Is it made by Funk ZF or Spicer/clark/hurth? email me [email protected]

  7. #7mg23612018-12-05 20:12

    For starters, 90% of the time when that machine quits moving it is a steering pedal issue, whether it be an "adjustment of" or "replacement of" one or both pedal potentiometers, or dirt packed around the pedals. There is a special tool that the Deere dealer should have for that. Sometimes the park lock lever switch is an issue. The test box will move the machine in those scenario's as well. Does that little red light on the right side that has a symbol of a transistor on it go out and stay out or does it light back up when you lift the park lock lever? Is the red light above the windshield on? Did the dealer check for codes (Deere dealers should have special software to do that called CEP-12)? Atlanta does have one controller in stock for the serial number range 5226-6199 (P/N AT196781). But that should be the absolute last resort at $10,780....OUCH! I would try to find one in a bone yard first (serial number range is important if pursuing that avenue).

  8. #8Vetech632018-12-06 06:44

    SWEET BABY JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it platinum on the inside?

  9. #9thepumpguysc2018-12-06 08:33

    They have a butt load of ECM's FREE at the dealership.. ..but u have to go at NIGHT to get the best ones.

  10. #10Jamie Vandenberg2018-12-06 08:51

    The pedals were adjusted and Calibrated. The issue is the Park brake solenoid losing voltage through the Controller. I was able to find a used one in Indiana.

  11. #11laycobeau2018-12-06 10:07

    We rebuild ECU and TCU's toll free 866 529n8365 [email protected]

  12. #12mg23612018-12-07 05:31

    Beau, Any brand controller? Is that phone number correct or is it direct to you? Website says 8362? Thanks Mike

  13. #13Vetech632018-12-07 07:06

    X2...…..Looks like he is close to me also!

  14. #14laycobeau2018-12-07 09:29

    No one can do all, but we do most, ZF, Funk, (Clark-Hurth/Dana/Spicer),(Sauer Danfoff/Sundstrand) for the most, part, but have done some Komatsu. Yes the 800 number is my direct line, the 8362 is main info..

  15. #15Tinkerer2018-12-07 14:01

    Once again I am awestruck with the knowledge and help the members of HEF share. This thread is another of many of them.

  16. #16mg23612018-12-08 06:21

    Thanks Beau

  17. #17mg23612018-12-08 06:30

    A used controller? If it is used on a machine with approx. the same serial number it should be fine. If it is from a different s/n range then it would still work but you might lose two speed. Just keep in mind that those controllers are designed with safety built in like crazy. Any issue with control (pedals, FNR, speed sensors at the motors), even momentary (and we are talking microseconds) opens/shorts in the harness and that controller will shut down the drive.