Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 770 G/GP

CAT140H ยท 2014-07-14 21:41

I would like to hear how the Deere 770 G/GP are running. How do people like the new lever steering system and all the controls down by your knees? They might be bringing one for us to try. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Rowdy162014-07-15 22:04

    We got two 772GPs last fall. One guy likes it, the other not so much. Both say they're not really comfortable yet. I laid gravel with one one day and they definately don't have any feedback in the levers like a Cat M. I hope when my 143H gets traded we get Cats again. I prefer the M over a Deere for the feel and the visibility. The Deeres have been reliable, as a new tractor should be.

  2. #2Cat 140M AWD2014-07-16 06:54

    I got the chance to operate a 772GP this spring for littel over a month I was pretty happy with it hydraulics are a lot faster and more responsive and they finally have a cab with some room in it I hardly used the lever steer always used the steering wheel cause ik I can do a better job with it. Overall they come a long ways on improving there grader I'm hoping the Twp I work for that owns a 772CH will trade and get me a 772GP to run.

  3. #3Kidd2014-07-16 17:14

    I have a 772gp I currently own and run. Very happy with it. No need for a steering wheel in there. But it's nice to have, you'll find yourself grabbing it a lot when you first run one. great machine for a owner operater. Get one you'll be happy you did.

  4. #4Rowdy162014-07-16 19:33

    Oh yea, the controls are really adjustable. When I got in the tall guy's (6'4") they were like apehangers to me.

  5. #5Mike L2014-07-17 06:37

    We've got a 770g and we're currently looking for another. We've also got a Volvo 940 and an old champion. The boss rented a cat 140m and it got sent back after one job. All the boys prefer the deere over all the others. I like it because all I ever do is service it.

  6. #6ovrszd2014-07-24 18:07

    I run a 770G, two years old. I ran a Demo 672GP for 50 hrs before my township bought the G. Took me about 20 hrs to get comfortable with the armchair controls. After that I noticed my shoulders and neck weren't as stressed after a day using the GP. I could get comfortable with it. Just not something that's cost effective for road maintenance work and our tax base.