Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 790e lc throttle acting funny

oilerman ยท 2012-05-05 00:54

Just bought a 94 790e and the throttle buttons worked for a few hours and then they started acting funny. When you press on L button it surges.... like revs high then low high then low. Pressing the other buttons does nothing but finaly it will idle down....someimes. Like tonight I couldnt get it to idle so I had to just shut it off in full speed. Anyone have any thoughts?

Replies9
  1. #1shopguy2012-05-05 08:07

    Check the throttle cable where it is close to the muffler.

  2. #2oilerman2012-05-08 19:14

    Ok got that figured out... seemed to be a hose in the way of the cable and looked to be binding. Works good now... Thanks Shop. Just a quick question... what kind of hydralic oil shoul I be adding to this machine? WIsh I had a manual. Thanks in advance.

  3. #3shopguy2012-05-08 20:09

    I have one for a EX220-3 its orange brother I will try to send that page but an email i can do .but it says 14-104f AW46

  4. #4oilerman2012-05-09 01:13

    Thanks Shopguy... I will message you my email.. I already have a new problem sigh.... I was digging my water and sewer lines today for little over a hour and just before I was done my boom and swing slowed to almost nothing... stick and bucket work fine. I Lifted my septic tank so it lifts still... but so slow. seems a little faster if you deadend the bucket but not much. Hope I didnt buy a electronic nightmare!!!

  5. #5shopguy2012-05-09 03:55

    The dig mode lights, do they change when you push the arrows ?

  6. #6cutting edge2012-05-09 08:32

    Just for clarification,are you using the Deere or Cat control pattern? I cant remember the old 790E machines too well and if they have pump pressure sensors on them by pretty sure they have a DP sensor,which if nfg will give you that problem with all functions. I suggest that you find someone in your area with Dr. EX or ZX and who is familiar with the old systems to go through your sensors and harness for you (and show you how to check things).

  7. #7oilerman2012-05-09 10:32

    sure do..

  8. #8oilerman2012-05-09 10:34

    Left control... swing.... stick out and in... right control...boom up down .... bucket curl... And its just the boom lift and swing that are slow

  9. #9oilerman2012-05-13 02:03

    So... funny thing... Tonight I fired the hoe up and tried it out again. This time when I went to lift the boom it lifted slowly for a bit, then I put it back down.... then back up again... it kinda shook and then wham.... back to normal? What would cause this? Filter maybe? Or is it something electrical?