Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deere 850B blade cutting edge

Pipe's Shop · 2024-07-01 11:35

Looking for part numbers for the cutting edges on this machine. Its a 850b 152 inch semi u blade and has 4 middle sections and 2 small wings on the outside. The blade was built buy rockland, but i have called them and deere and no one seems to know what the part numbers are or what model blade it is. The blade originally had a tag on the back which is long gone. Maybe someone has this same set up, see pic

Replies10
  1. #1fast_st2024-07-01 19:29

    Rockland is likely the best bet, maybe have them check by year? Looks like their standard semi u blade. Also possible someone modified it to use edges they had access to.

  2. #2Diesel Dave2024-07-01 22:31

    I think Rockland would have drilled the dozer blade to accept Deere cutting edges. Compare the dimensions of the existing edges with the 2 screenshots below showing the 6 hole and the 5 hole cutting edge dimensions and part numbers. . .

  3. #3Pipe's Shop2024-07-02 08:47

    I think those cutting edges will work, I will have to cut the two outers a little shorter by the arrows and they should work, for some reason that space is only 1 3/4 inches instead of 3. Do you think the end bits are t58191 and 58192? Thank you for your response

  4. #4Diesel Dave2024-07-02 15:37

    No cutting will be required. The picture I found and posted of T79197 is generic and is not exactly as shown. The cutting edge will measure at one end 3.0 inches to the bolt hole center, opposite end is 1.7 inches to the bolt hole center. . How long are the end bits ,measured across the top ?

  5. #5Pipe's Shop2024-07-03 08:21

    they probably were 13 3/4, right now they are just over 13 1/2 but they are worn. hole spacing about 3 3/4 inches between the bolts.

  6. #6Diesel Dave2024-07-03 09:28

    Yes I agree the end bits are very likely T58192 and T58191 . Just confirm your first row of end bit bolt holes is closer to 3.5 inches center to center and second row is 4.0 inches center to center. . T58192 specs, Thickness (Inches): 0.75 Width (Inches): 8 Length (Inches): 13.44 Hole Qty: 6 Bolt Hole Diameter (Inches): 0.75 Blade Type: Db|\ Hole Set 1 - Distance Of End To 1st Hole (Inches): 1.437 Hole Set 1 - Distance Of 1st To 2nd Hole (Inches): 3.5 Hole Set 1 - Distance Of 2nd To 3rd Hole (Inches): 3.5 Hole Set 1 - Bolt Hole Qty: 3 Hole Set 1 - Bolt Hole Length (Inches): 2.5 Hole Set 2 - Bolt Hole Qty: 3 Hole Set 2 - Bolt Hole Length (Inches): 2.5 Hole Set 2 - Distance Of End To 1st Hole (Inches): 1.437 Hole Set 2 - Distance Of 1st To 2nd Hole (Inches): 4 Hole Set 2 - Distance Of 2nd To 3rd Hole (Inches): 4

  7. #7Pipe's Shop2024-07-03 10:18

    then those ends won't fit, these ends are pretty symmetrical. top edge about just over 13.5 inches sides are 6.5 inches tall now but I am sure there worn greatly. Hole spacing is about an even 3 3/4 inches and 2 1/2 inches top to bottom.

  8. #8Diesel Dave2024-07-03 20:24

    Deere doesn’t have an end bit with those dimensions shown in your sketch, I assume it’s a Rockland part.

  9. #9Pipe's Shop2024-07-08 07:38

    Thank you for all your help, I will get back with Rockland and see if they have an answer on the end bits after I give them the info on the center bits. I will also give this info to the guy from deere, getting closer to figuring this out!!! Thanks for the specs Diesel Dave!!

  10. #10Pipe's Shop2024-08-07 12:45

    Finally figured it out! thanks for all your help, the thing that made it difficult was that the outside cups were listed at 16.1 inches for length. The new ones are closer to 13.5 inches, I don't know how they're getting that but don't care now, they fit perfect. I posted all the part numbers on this picture, hopefully this helps someone else. The biggest help came from Matt Fey from Equipment Blades.com. His team went out of the way for figuring out the end bits, working with his supplier on this. I will for sure be using their services again. www.equipmentblades.com