Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 850j wlt

Jason panda · 2023-10-29 22:13

Hi, I have a 850j dozer, everything runs fine other than that I can’t shift it over 1.4 forward and 1.6 reverse, I looked up online, it’s supposed to run up to 3.0 forward.is it in limp mode? Or locked in low range? I bought it at an auction, some leak and broken monitor, replaced the monitor, is it possible that the monitor needs to be installed by dealer? I just bought a new monitor and plugged in, seems working. It does have a code, TCU Not cal’d TCU 523108.14, is this code the issue?

Replies3
  1. #1Jason panda2023-10-29 22:17

    not lack of power, I can’t shift above 1.4, I can only shift between 1-1.4 forward, 1-1.6 reverse

  2. #2Diesel Dave2023-10-30 10:35

    Welcome to HEF Jason I expect the hydrostatic transmission will need to be calibrated. Post a full machine serial number and someone could likely help you out further.

  3. #3mg23612023-10-30 12:00

    Welcome to HEF jason ! How about starting with a complete machine serial number. And yes, that code will limit track speed.