Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 450c PTO leaking

Jay Grogan · 2023-10-30 10:24

I have an 82 model John Deere 450c dozer that has a leak at the rear PTO. Looks to be coming out behind the round plate so I tool the 3 bolts off the hold it on and it wont come out easy. Is there a trick getting it out other than force and I assume there seal on the backside ? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Steve Austin2023-10-30 13:41

    Here is a part’s illustration of the PTO drive. Best I can remember I think there are 2 threaded holes to install bolts to push plate 22 off but I may be wrong,nothing holding it on except the three bolts.you can go to parts catalog.Deere.com type in your model number and view parts for your 450C.

  2. #2Jay Grogan2023-10-30 15:36

    Thanks Steve , will order my parts and give it a go

  3. #3Steve Austin2023-10-31 09:23

    Jay i am pretty that bolt 29 which holds cover 30 on those holes in the plate 22 are threaded thru to be used to push plate 22 off. It's been many years sense i worked on these models.