I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this machine, good or bad? I was wanting to get a 60d but the rep from Fecon said it wasn't big enough to run there small excavator mulcher. I would also use it to dig ditch for septic tanks and grading. Any advice would be appreciated.
I have run the 50D and found it a really nice machine, but being 220lbs I found it a little difficult to squeeze through the cab door. lol :tong
I really wanted a 85d. Shopped and shopped and couldnt find one for the budget i set. Demoed one twice they are nice and i cant say anything bad at all. In the end i bought a Tak TB180. After fixing the abuse from the previous owner it has worked out very well. It does everything as good as the Deere and i paid about half of what the deere dealers wanted for a comperable machine. I just couldnt justify the cost, we dont use it enough. You should try one out and i think you will agree
Thanks for the info. I was going to try one out sometime, but wanted to find out other peoples opion on it before I got sold on it, just in case it had some issues that I didn't know about.
I have never run one, but tried to rent one a couple of weeks ago. It seems all the excavators around here are all rented out including the used ones dealers have for sale. Ended up with a Takuchi 153, a bit smaller but OK but no where near a Cat 308 or Deere 85. But I have run a Cat 308D for a month and I really liked that excavator. In fact I am still looking for a good used one to buy. Or a Deere 75 or 85D if its a good price, since I don't have any problem with Deere equipment as we own a few. The Cat 308 and Deere 85 are the same size.
mulcher head on a deere Went to Tallahassee Deere dealership 6 months ago and they said 120 was the smallest excavator for mounting a mulcher head of any type. They said 75 or 85 did not offer high flow. I'm thinking maybe Kubota kx080.
Thats odd: The 75 and 85D is rated at 58 gpm while a 120D is rated at 55gpm. And according to the 75 and 85D brochure; "Additional hydraulic capability a necessity? Optional high-pressure, high-flow auxiliary hydraulic packages meet the need." Link to brochure. http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/construction/deere_const/media/pdf/excavator/DKAX75D85D.pdf
The Fecon rep told me that 7 ton or bigger and the 85d weighs 8.5 tons. I also read the brochure the said thry have an optional high flow also.
After I got home that day I looked up the specs and realized the salesman did not know the hyd flow, or wanted me to buy the 120 because they had one on the lot. Just doing a little research that day hoping the mulching biz would eventually pick up. I would definitely consider a 75 or 85 for mulching.