Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 862B does not shift properly

Scouterabouter ยท 2015-05-25 22:57

Hello- I just purchased a used 1990 JD 862B scraper- I believe it may have sat unused for about a year. Overall, the machine is in good shape - but it will not upshift from 2nd to 3rd. I can down shift from 4th to 3rd with no trouble and it pulls fine... Any suggestions?

Replies3
  1. #1Scouterabouter2015-05-26 05:23

    I am new to the site- I also need a recommendation for some used parts- the side engine door panel and the end cover for the air filter assembly

  2. #2lantraxco2015-05-26 13:44

    Don't know a lot about them, but if that has the electric shift setup, there are places that will repair the control boxes. Look on Machinery Trader and also Rock and Dirt websites, they both list dismantled machines all over the country.

  3. #3tdrainage2015-05-26 21:23

    Global Electronics in Buford, Georgia works on JD electronics. They did a good job helping us with our 762A electronic shift issues. They do not charge for finding probem and they stick to what they quote for work done.