Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 8875

TFT ยท 2020-09-11 07:00

good morning, first time poster here. I have a late 90's john deere 8875. Does anyone know what the dipstick directly at the back of the engine (under the seat) is used for and what type of oil it takes and where it is added? Was under there today and was diagnosing a hydraulic leak and noticed its very dry.... as a matter of fact, when pulled out... almost looks like a tiny bit of grease is in there. I appreciate anyone's help. Todd

Replies4
  1. #1seville0092020-09-11 13:21

    https://www.edocr.com/v/3lb8bjon/hu...DEERE-8875-SKID-STEER-LOADER-Service-Repair-M partial info in that link. may have to buy an owners or service manual for all the info. It is worth the cost to have it around

  2. #2TFT2020-09-12 00:35

    Thanks for that. I actually had already grabbed the manual but it is very vague. I'm going to toss some gear oil in it and send it. Hopefully it stays in lol.

  3. #3mg23612020-09-14 06:12

    It gets a GL-5 gear lubricant. 80W-90 or 80W-140 would be good.

  4. #4TFT2020-09-14 09:29

    Thank you. Topped her off last night with that. Having one hell of a time trying to get the 4 large diameter hydraulic lines tightened up so I can fire it up.