Does anybody know if these are good machines? I was looking at one of these 950j deere dozes and was curious if these tractors had any bad issues or anything I need to look at or pay close attention to. Anyone with knowledge of these dozers would be appreciated.
The 950J machines are the same as the Liebherr 944. John Deere used to have a joint venture with Liebherr on the 950J and 1050J. The 850J and smaller were always built by Deere in Dubuque. The newer 950K and 1050K are also now built by Deere in Dubuque. With that understanding, the 950J is still a hydrostatic dozer and will run similar to other Deere machines. Parts, controls, and troubleshooting will be different than the Dubuque machines. My two cents, avoid this machine and get into a K if you want a 950.
O no.. I've already purchased a 950j. It's just showing 900 hrs but the cab is pretty rough they run it with the doors open and the cab is full of dirt. I figure the air not working. Dropped the pans and the big lines going.to the drive motors needs replaced as wire is breaking on the outside. I sure hope I didnt mess up buying this dude. I got plenty stuff to work sho dont wont anything else. Thanks for information and advise. I can use all I can get. Lol
Don’t get me wrong, its still a strong machine. Treat her right and you’ll be fine
LT: Please keep us posted on the status of your 950J. I’m curious of its performance.
Okay sure will... I'm currently going thru it fixing the air, replacing some lines that look they are subject to go anytime, and changing the fluids.