Were these good machines? Are they just like any other used piece or do they have some inherent problems? Starting to look at an excavator for the farm I would prefer a 345 B cat but the 992 seems to be a good buy. Like the 3rd of the cost. Thanks.
What on earth are you looking to do that you need a 50 ton hoe for??
I could get by with a lot smaller machine. But I don't have time and I don't want to.lol! It's what I am use to running on the sewer and water/ road work. We have lots of big oak trees to clean up. Have an old lagoon to mine. Bigger hoe will save me a lot of time on that project. Loading fertilizer and manure. Got a lot of ditch work to do. My time is a lot more valuable than save 10 grand on a smaller machine. The city would also have work for me.
Sounds like you have some stuff that it'll blaze through. Just remember, though, (sometimes) bigger isn't always faster. I'll be interested to see if anybody on here has any experience with a 992.
Is it a D or an E? I worked for a Deere dealer back when these were new and the 892's were king of the woods for a while. Weren't a lot of them around here but we never heard anything bad about them over in the parts department.
Can't imagine much difference in reputation between an 892 or 992? Good to hear. I used a 66k lb machine a lot as well. Not opposed to the small machines. Just when you get deep or have to reach far is when I like the bigger machines. I took pride in smooth operator not fast. Speed came because of the smooth constant digging. It was fun to skim an old ladys flowers out of the ground and lay them on her lawn so she didn't lose any to us making a mess out of there street and back of curb area!!