Tank is contaminated, I see a "fleet sweeper tank cleaner "on the market. Has anybody ever used this tool with success? I have to get this tank cleaned and remove rust and goo. Any helpful advise? This fourm is awesome so I can't wait to see the results. Thanks in advance :Banghead
Drain tank of fuel .You can use a shop vac to remove rust and dirt.Or remove from machine .Use a power washer with arust inhibiter to remove slug and rust .We have done this at shop with sucess.Dry out tank with compressed air ar an let dry out.
Wow, I certainly don't see $1200 worth of equipment there. I built basically the same thing using an old 12v fuel cell pump. I put a long 1" hose on the suction side and a 1" hose on the outlet with pretty much the same filter head that the fleet sweeper uses. You can get them at any Oreillys, Napa or other filter shop. I just pump the fuel into barrels or a cell filtering it on the way in. I pull the tank, turn it upside down and put a hot water pressure washer inside and let it go for a while. I let the tank dry out good, reinstall it, pump the fuel back in with the same pump and a new filter. I usually add some fuel treatment just to help with any moisture left in the tank. If the tank is really rusty you may need to have it blasted, I never have had to but when I worked at the JD dealer one of our customers had a bunch of 120c's that the tanks were really rusty. They had them blasted and coated with something.
Thanks for the help Toolking and Deeretracks