Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John deere CT322

alberteh ยท 2016-02-29 02:08

Hi all, I'm a new member and would like some information on a john deere ct322. I own one, used for general construction in the summer and snow removal (residential) in the winter. It's got 970 hrs on it and i would like to know how it compares to the newer john deere CTL's or other brands models. With particular emphasis on extreme cold weather operation (My dad has a kubota SVL-75 that likes to blow thick black smoke in the winter due to some type of valve freezing up...) Basically i'm looking to know if it's a good machine to keep or if it's got some giant flaw or issue that i will have to deal with. thank you very kindly for your consideration.

Replies1
  1. #1Canuck Digger2016-03-16 01:15

    Well, here is some feedback. If you do some research, you'll find out they had some drive motor issues, not all but many. I had an 06 with 1,350 hour on it that spun a bearing in one of the final drives sending it through the hydraulic system. Pretty much sold it for scrap value. By the time I purchase new drive motors and pump and flush the system hoping nothing else was damaged, it wasn't worth fixing. It was maintained..... Wouldn't touch one every again. They don't seem to hold their value like other ctl's either. When I do it all over again, it'll be a Kubota, a TK or a Yanmar.....