Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere CT322 Wont Start

Ross0133 ยท 2023-08-23 13:47

I am working on a John Deere CT322 that wont start. I am not getting power to the fuel shut off solenoid but checked the fuses inside the cab and they were all good. I'm wondering if there is a relay that could be bad but I have no way of knowing what each of the relays that are under the cab control since they are not labeled. I was wondering if anyone knew how the fuel shut off solenoid was supposed to have its power supplied to it and could steer me in the right direction. Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1Steve Austin2023-08-23 16:32

    Without the SR # for the CT322 i may not be looking at correct wiring schematic. Looks power starts at ignition switch ignition terminal thru F2 fuse 10 AMP than goes thru seat switch. Than to Time Delay Control Module pin 9 out of Module thru pin 2 than thru several connections and splices to fuel solenoid.

  2. #2Ross01332023-08-23 17:00

    S/N is 144860. Thanks for your help so far.

  3. #3Steve Austin2023-08-23 17:53

    Wrong schematic will not correct information.

  4. #4Steve Austin2023-08-23 18:35

    Waiting on correct diagram will get back when i receive it.

  5. #5Steve Austin2023-08-23 19:05

    Still waiting on diagram i do recall one thing a problem with the engine oil pressure switch if it does not see oil pressure when cranking will not let power go to shut off solenoid. could be wiring or switch or low oil pressure i have seen these switches start leaking oil into the electrical connector also. Hope this helps.

  6. #6Steve Austin2023-08-23 19:17

    Switch part number AT85174 has a single spade terminal best i can tell from parts diagram so that tell me it provides a ground when sufficient oil pressure is present. Check harness connection at switch also If you suspect oil pressure is problem after checking switch out. You can verify pressure with manual gauge.

  7. #7Ross01332023-08-23 19:23

    I will check that out tomorrow thank you

  8. #8Steve Austin2023-08-23 21:49

    Here is the wiring diagram, i do not see the oil pressure switch in start circuit buy my Buddy at Deere and I both remember an issue with the oil pressure switch we may be thanking about another model but i have seen items left off diagrams in the past.