Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere CT332 Hydraulic issue

jmichal ยท 2019-01-21 08:27

I started my John Deere ct332 yesterday and it was 12 degrees. I let it warm slightly but not enough and moved boom up and down. It was jumpy. tried to go back and forth but machine was froze with mud. Let it warm for 10 minutes at high throttle for 10 minutes. Had no hydraulics at all. What could be problem?

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612019-01-22 05:02

    Welcome to the forum jmichal ! I have to ask the obvious question. Hydraulic reservoir full? Sounds like cavitation.

  2. #2jmichal2019-01-22 08:25
  3. #3jmichal2019-01-22 08:30

    No it is not full. I lifted the boom with a tractor yesterday and got the operator station open. Oil on right side all over. Trying to clean it up out on site but it is cold a difficult. so far hoses look good. I am going to fill this morning and start with OS open to see if it will leak. Will it leak some even if Brake is on and seat belt switch is off? Or should I wedge seat and buckle seat belt? Yikes. How else can I find leak? By the way what is cavitation?

  4. #4DIYDAVE2019-01-22 21:21

    Under warranty?

  5. #5jmichal2019-01-22 22:42

    No it is a 2005. Only 1000 hours. Great machine. After I cleaned it I added fluid and started it. Found a leak on 3/4" line from pump to final drive. Had to take off some other lines to break it loose as it was the bottom one. Hard to break loose also because it needs a 11/8" wrench and there is only about 10" of space. Took all day but I got er done.

  6. #6DIYDAVE2019-01-23 06:28

    Sometimes cutting a cheap, big wrench in half helps in situations like these...

  7. #7jmichal2019-01-23 07:10

    I agree. Then the issue is not having enough leverage to crack it. Inovation and a good kick got er done.

  8. #8Vetech632019-01-23 07:17

    I have a drawer full of those LOL