Over the years we've charged alot of nitrogen and some helium in different pieces of equipment and if we didnt have the adapter we would order it so the next time we had it for that application or maybe something different , and over the years we ended up with alot of adapters. After resealing this hammer we were ready to charge it but didnt have the correct adapter called the dealer we use they cant break down the charge kit ,Part # AT399511, so called another dealer same response you have to buy the whole kit to the tune of $750. . Would anyone know of a adapter valve that would work on these units ?
What does the fill port look like? Male or female threads, SAE or metric and a thread pitch should be able to figure something out. I'm currently modifying the fill port on my hammer over to a Schrader type valve. It only charges at 7-8 bar (max about 150 psi) so this type of fitting is ideal. $15 for a kit from Ebay with a drill, tap and 2 Schrader fittinngs. Won't get much cheaper or easier than this. https://www.ebay.com/itm/195577392710
I dont know if the little schrader would hold up and this has got a check built into the valve, thread is 1.0 and measurement wise its in between a 1/8 pipe or -3 straight Or boss. I believe this valve will have a rod that will screw down and open the check to allow charge to enter chamber and to get a correct gauge reading
Looks identical to what I have. Mine is a Mustang 1000 breaker. That's a one way valve so if you only charge to desired pressure you will be fine. Likely a metric plug. Mine measured as BSPP if I remember correctly. My plan is to remove the outer plug and install the new fitting in that plug. I can always remove the plug and vent the accumulator with a screwdriver if I want to reset it. I might machine a pin to keep the relief open when the plug is in That way I can direct check from the schrader valve. If there are no leaks, that should work just fine.
TM before you modify yours give John a call up at gorilla hammers he has a adapter with the opening needle that is priced right 1-888-814-6745