Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere “New” Injectors

Richard T ยท 2015-10-29 15:22

Hi, I'm new to this site. I have just rebuild a 4.219L John Deere diesel. I am having problems installing the new injectors. They slide in fine but can not get the seal to go in. There is a seal at the nozzle end, goes in fine, injector goes in fine, but can NOT get the top seal started without damaging it. Any suggestions. Thanks, sincerely Richard

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2015-10-29 16:26

    If you're talking about the return tee fitting, I usually take them apart, slip the nut on, push the new rubber sleeve over the top, put the tee on and then work the nut up over the sleeve until you can gently start the pot metal threads. No way can you push the tee on with it assembled, and if you could it would probably damage the rubber seal.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2015-10-29 19:58

    x2>> do as lan says.. turn it "counterclockwise" until you feel or hear it click, THEN tighten.. IF NOT it will strip every time.. GOOD CALL Lan.. I never understood why they made it that way.. "production" I guess??

  3. #3lantraxco2015-10-29 21:16

    Roosamaster, LMAO...

  4. #4wlc2016-02-14 18:19

    hi all im getting alot of diesel in my oil would that be injectors or LP it is a john deere 310a no smoke just dumping fuel in my oil any help would be helpful. thanks

  5. #5Delmer2016-02-14 18:46

    Let's hope it's the transfer pump, cause it's not the injectors. Take the transfer pump off the engine and hook it back up to the fuel lines then work the priming lever and see if it drips diesel out the engine side. Might not even have to take it off if you can loosen the nuts and hold it away from the engine 1/4" and see if any fuel drips out when you pump it.

  6. #6wlc2016-02-15 11:00

    Thank you sir I will do that.