Does anyone have a good suggestions for John Deere parts in Missouri? I'm in the SouthWest corner and just purchased a 450c and I'm going to need some parts for it.
Reliance makes aftermarket engine parts. BrokenTractor.com has seats & stuff cheaper than deere. Tracks are expensive everywhere. What in particular are you lookin for?
I'm looking for gauges, teeth, and a used rops to start with.
well you can basically scratch off finding a used rops, or expect to pay dearly... some of the original machines never came with them, and people snatch them up as fast as they can. It would probably be cheaper to just weld one up.
I don't know how you define expect to pay dearly but I found one with the brackets for $700 that I snatched up. He actually found a couple more for $750 if anyone was interested I could pass along the information. I another note I ordered aftermarket adapter + tooth + roll pin for about $44.00 each which was less than half priced from john deere it even beat the used set I found for $500! On a different note, for those of you with approx 16,000 pound machines what type of trailer do you use to move them? I tried an over the tire decked gooseneck and could not actually get it up the ramps without sliding back down.
maybe things are different in the midwest than the east coast rops wise... are these genuine deere rops or shop made things? I haul my 450c loader w/ tripple pads on the same trailer that i haul the 550g dozer on, a 88' 9 ton eager beaver tripple axle deckover, bumper pull. Dont have any problems getting on or off. Try welding rebar pieces parallel to the track pads on the ramps to give the pads more bite, also do not turn when going up, and keep the trailer perfecty level ...
It was the original canopy, I think JD does not actually refer to them as ROPS if you want to be real technical. They are made of black round pipe with a grated back window and a sold top. Here is a link with it installed : http://www.flickr.com/photos/mustang_resto_man/6499082059/
there is also a style where the cross member is removed as well as the screen and the rear half of the top folds over for operating the backhoe attachment... If you want and backhoe I have an extra one of those layin around.