Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere’s Con/Agg Page

hvy 1ton ยท 2011-02-28 17:35

http://conexpo.deere.com/?int_cmp=LNK_Con_en_US_conexpo_homepagetext_01262011 Looks like they are planing on releasing something new on opening day. Also they are going to be doing webcasts of the show. I don't know if it will be the whole show or just deere stuff. Any guesses?

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies43
  1. #1dayexco2011-03-01 16:47

    tractor hoe of some type? see the stabilizer pad sticking down from under the cover?

  2. #2Blacksmoke072011-03-01 18:05

    ^ Id agree with dayexco, looks like it might be some sort of backhoe....or mabye thats just what they want us to think.... :idea

  3. #3EGS2011-03-01 19:06

    Maybe it will be a high-speed backhoe?

  4. #4Blacksmoke072011-03-01 23:41

    Hahaha nice, was thinkin the same terminology!

  5. #5hvy 1ton2011-03-01 23:58

    Their render of the booth shows 3 things under covers. It shows the backhoe and landscape loaders in another area. http://conexpo.deere.com/tour/

  6. #6Blacksmoke072011-03-02 18:15

    Well, whatever it ends up being, get pictures. Some of us (me) arent gonna make it to the show!

  7. #7hvy 1ton2011-03-02 23:29

    Will do. I'm planning on throwing the best ones up at the end of each day. Gotta make some space on my laptop hard drive though. Under 10GB free right now.

  8. #8Deeretime2011-03-06 00:57

    it will be a 360 rotating backhoe that case had as a prototype years ago!... i have heard

  9. #9Burnout2011-03-09 22:35

    I wouldn't believe everything you hear.

  10. #10cutting edge2011-03-09 22:40

    Its an IT4 engine sitting on a goofy stand made out of stabilizers. Or a 3 wheeled telehandler

  11. #11Deeretime2011-03-09 23:50

    Burnout, This forum is for guessing what is in the box its not fair that you just get to sit here and tell us if were hot or cold!

  12. #12DBarron2011-03-10 14:41

    Unless you have inside information about this project then I garuntee not a single person here can guess what it is, but keep guessing you could be the next innovator.

  13. #13ILLICEMAN2011-03-10 14:47

    Looks like Deere is doing a good job of keeping this under wraps.

  14. #14buddy6052011-03-10 15:55

    could be a deere spyder hoe maybe

  15. #15stumpjumper832011-03-10 21:09

    Notice that deere doesn't have any dozers, or any track machines for that matter displayed?

  16. #16hvy 1ton2011-03-10 22:46

    I bet one of the 3 machines under covers is a K series track loader. Deere will add to the booth floorplan the next 2 fridays. The stabilizers are really throwing me.

  17. #17Burnout2011-03-11 00:28

    Yes the 755K will be there. She's a beauty too....

  18. #18hvy 1ton2011-03-11 01:19

    Four-letter-word-er.:cussing You've seen a field-follow unit haven't you? :yup

  19. #19Burnout2011-03-12 01:04

    You mean this picture? http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...44125483_118477678225483_175014_1364101_n.jpg

  20. #20ILLICEMAN2011-03-12 08:31

    No.

  21. #21DBarron2011-03-12 21:59

    Well Deere and Cat machines are all staged. The biggest I've seen yet

  22. #22DBarron2011-03-14 00:54

    http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy286/dbarron522/cd4144e3.jpg

  23. #23DBarron2011-03-14 19:55

    So just a heads up guys Deere's both is the largest booth at Conexpo this year and it's huge!

  24. #24Burnout2011-03-14 19:57

    Hey guys, so the VantageTes team will be there for the entire week Sunday-Saturday. Lookin to have a little get together. Anyone have any ideas for something other than the std. meeting place with Const. Equip? Last time we managed to get into a little party in the parking lot and that turned into some 11pm walking around the convention center.

  25. #25dirtbroke2011-03-14 20:06

    What is it? I'm thinking it's a rubber track Backhoe. I would definitly be Cool.

  26. #26smittysrepair2011-03-14 20:50

    I like your idea there dirtbroke! I would really like to see and possibly try out a rubber track backhoe in about the 410J machine size. It would definitely have a different look to it. I wonder if they would build one if it would be built like a track loader with a hoe on the back? Or if it would have four tracks on it or something completely different from what we would expect to see? None the less it would be something interesting to look at.:cool2

  27. #27DBarron2011-03-14 21:24

    Yeah see this is what I'm talking about, crazy ideas create some of the most important tools today.

  28. #28ILLICEMAN2011-03-16 08:38

    It is a electric driven unit much like the Cat D 7 E concept.Some what of a hybrid design.Jim

  29. #29shopteacher 12011-03-16 11:21

    Is the show always in Las Vegas or does it move around year to year? If so, anyone know where it will be next year?

  30. #30EGS2011-03-16 15:48

    It is always in Vegas. They only have it every 3 years.

  31. #31Deeretime2011-03-16 21:25

    they call it by a different name when they go to other countries... but they dont speak english at those other countries

  32. #32dayexco2011-03-22 19:40

    guy told me today it's a 900 wheel series loader, hybrid.

  33. #33Blacksmoke072011-03-22 19:43

    944k, a 46 ton truck, and.... thats it really.. haha

  34. #34DBarron2011-03-22 20:05

    Cat came out with? ?

  35. #35Andy5122011-03-22 21:57

    Haha, jokes on me. It's a marketing gimmick. http://events.deere.com/youreon/chatterbox/ Really had a bunch of us at work guessing for a minute.

  36. #36hvy 1ton2011-03-22 22:11

    Yep. Well as far as what was under covers. The K series dozers and track loaders and the G series excavators. There were so many people around the deere booth i didn't get many good pictures. I about walked straight in to the bottom of the ex850-5 counterweight.

  37. #37Blacksmoke072011-03-22 23:10

    Hvy 1ton, ur right i was just referring to the disapointing video haha. Not able to be out there myself, got any pics to post yet? itchin to see the stuff there. Really like to see those G series hoe's

  38. #38JimBruce422011-03-23 11:31

    I don't mean to laugh at someone else, but that's funny right there. Hope your heads ok, I think we've all had that "walked into giant obvious thing" moment though. *edit* Sometimes I hate seeing both sides of a situation, and as much as I hate to admit this, I'm starting to understand (not necessarily like, but understand) the "Chatterbox". When you watch the preview videos for the new loader and ADT they start with "things customers say they wanted". There have been topics here from time to time about what we would like to see different or changed in equipment. In reality, that's what the chatterbox is suppose to be, only instead of on a forum, it's a direct shot to the manufacturer. Even the HSD was a result of asking customers what they wanted. So is it "revolutionary" and "awesome" no (at least in my opinion), but what comes from using it could very well be.

  39. #39Burnout2011-03-24 10:34

    Well I guess people are bagging pretty hard on the Chatterbox but you have to admit it has Deere doing exactly what it was intended to do. And how many more new machines could they have rolled out at the show? C'mon the 755K, 850K, G series hoes, G series truck, 944K, the E-Drive 644K what more do people want? We managed to catch the unveil for you..... was a neat event. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDUxIh0rA7c

  40. #40Deereman2011-03-24 21:02

    I had a little bit of inside info!! Coundn't tell you thoe. Sucks thoe. They do put a deere engine in one. Forgot off the top of my who makes it. HVY 1ton, I coundn't help but laugh. I needed that one! Thanks..

  41. #41EGS2011-03-24 21:13

    Seems like Cat is getting left in the dust.

  42. #42hvy 1ton2011-03-24 21:19

    I'm wore out, but might put more up later tonight. I put a bunch up in Dirtman/Letsdig/Chris's thread over on LS, which the admins frown upon linking. As far as the 850 counterweight, i looked down, probably at my phone, and then looked up and i was looking a big chunk of Hitachi orange. I'm short enough to stand under the 1200, but not short enough to keep the 850 from hurting. I blame the hitachi hat the nice lady had just given me. Deere reveal video. First 2/3 are awesome and then the big comedown. http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnDeere

  43. #43ILLICEMAN2011-03-24 22:35

    Deere had a great display.Alot of new machines that have a vast amount of improvements.The 944 being the most innovative.Keep in mind that this is where the future is.While other co.have alot of great hybrid models in other areas Deere has shown it also is in the race.It looks to me like the future will bring 4 wheel drive tractors,other wheel loaders as well as motor graders.Old RG Letourno (sp) has to be looking down and saying I told you so. Anyway you look at it Deere can hold their head high with the new machines they had there.Cheers Illiceman