Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Joystick control counterintuitive when backing.

RandyAB ยท 2012-12-15 12:47

I just purchased my first CTL (Kubota SVL90) for personal use and I have no previous experience on operating these machines. One thing I found quite counterintuitive is that when backing the machine, in order for it to got back and to the left, you have to push joystick back and to the right (and vice versa). I'm sure that I will get used to it very quickly but I was wondering if all manufacturers machines are like that?

Replies5
  1. #1bpogue2012-12-15 21:47

    That is common in most machines. I have at Takeuchi TL150 and have used several other brands. It seems like whenever someone gets on one for the 1st time, they have a hard time in reverse. It will start feeling right pretty quickly.

  2. #2denver m farms2012-12-15 22:53

    All ctl's are like this i don't know why but they are. Dozers and full size loaders are just like you would expect.

  3. #3RandyAB2012-12-15 23:06

    It would at least be nice to have a choice. I'm sure it will be second nature in no time.

  4. #4denver m farms2012-12-16 19:49

    Yes it will, i can get off something that is the way you think it should be and get on one of these and don't even have to think anymore. I expect you like the kubota?

  5. #5RandyAB2012-12-16 20:16

    I just got it this weekend and it is sitting in my garage. It seems awesome. Very comfortable. I bought it to use around our summer acreage so unfortunately I won't be out using it until the summer time. For now I just get to sit in it and daydream