Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

honey its me again…bobcat t300 , 2003 model, left track noise

Jimcolt ยท 2012-12-15 22:04

Hi folks, I have a loud squeal coming from the left track hub. We have checked the front idler and feel this area is ok. We have been told that inside the hub there is the hydraulic drive motor and a large bearing. When we purchased this machine we did not check the oil in either hub. Later we found that both hubs were virtualy bone dry. :Banghead Subsequent to this discovery we filled both of the drive hubs with the proper oil. Maybe too little, too late? Possibly we damaged the bearing in the left hub? We also notice after filling the hub with the prober oil, there seems to be some oil leaking out of the back of this hub area. Could there be a seal(s) that needs to be replaced to retain this oil. Also, we discover that we need hydraulic oil as the sight glass on the left side of our machine indicates low hydraulic oil. We would like to put the proper hydraulic oil in our bobcat. Could you please advise us of the correct hydraulic oil for our T300? Could low hydraulic oil be part or all of our loud squeal on the left side?? Wishful thinking ??:drinkup

Replies3
  1. #1willie592012-12-15 22:18

    This ain't sounding good Jimcolt. Yes, there is a seal for the drive hub, and yes, it's likely failed. But it's unlikely simply replacing the seal will help, more likely there's some damage to final drive. I can't offer advice for taking them apart as I don't, I replace the unit with a re-man, mainly because I don't have time for such repairs, easier for me to slap a re-man unit on it with a warranty. As for hyd oil in reservoir, it's not related to the final drive. I just use a quality brand AW46 hyd oil, have never had any issues.

  2. #2Jimcolt2012-12-28 09:48

    I've taken off the track, taken off the sprocket and can confirm that it appears to be a bad bearing but unfortunately the pump is now leaking pretty quickly. Does anyone know where to get a remanufactured pump / bearing assembly? If so, how much? Thanks for helping!

  3. #3Jimcolt2012-12-28 10:21

    I quick other thought...if there is not any pressure on the hydraulic lines will much fluid come out of the lines when I take off the lines to the pump? Sorry I'm new to working on this type of equipment