Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Just a Small Video…

Lil' Danny ยท 2009-01-05 06:54

Hey guys, I should have introduced myself first, but I'll cut right to the good stuff first. Here is my most recent video based upon my job. Enjoy ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8nrkp8Pedk&feature=channel_page

Replies10
  1. #1bigblueox2009-01-05 08:40

    awesome video how about some specs on the trucks! looks like some sweet rides!:drinkup

  2. #2Steve Frazier2009-01-05 11:39

    How did you end up getting under the wires pulling into that one job?

  3. #3Lil' Danny2009-01-05 15:45

    Thanks for the comments guys. I'll do a post on them in the appropriate topic later on this evening. Steve, I'll let you know I'm happy to be on this forum, and I dig the quotes and bands in your signature ! What job are you talking about ? Power lines move, but bridge don't...

  4. #4nedly052009-01-05 20:30

    Great vids Danny, you have an awesome fleet, which one do you drive? Is Malbros the family biz?

  5. #5Lil' Danny2009-01-05 20:40

    I'm a mere shotgun rider learning the industry. Been at it for 7 years and goin' strong. I ain't in it for the money I love getting up every morning or night for that matter to go to work. It's my dream to be in this kind of business. Malbros is not the family business. A good friend and neighbor of mine is the top driver so to speak and he's been working there for a great amount of time, and that is my connection. I'm almost always co-pilot for him. It's an honor if you ask me...

  6. #6qball2009-01-05 23:16

    atta' boy, dan. follow your dream.

  7. #7Steve Frazier2009-01-05 23:44

    There was one photo where the Autocar was poised to pull into a jobsite but there were low wires. So low I wasn't sure they could be pulled up over the crane. I was curious whether you were able to get under them or had to call the utilities companies to raise them.

  8. #8qball2009-01-05 23:54

    usually, steve, you can take a 2x4 and raise the offending line. you can tell if it is phone, catv, or electric by the insulators. phone and catv have none. rules of thumb, no insulators= no electric. and eletric is usually the highest line on the pole.

  9. #9Steve Frazier2009-01-06 00:12

    These were phone lines that were the lowest, but like I mentioned, it didn't look like there would be enough slack in them to get them over the machine. I had to shimmy up the boom of an excavator I was moving once to lift the phone lines on one road over the hydraulic fitting of the crowd cylinder. The picture I'm talking about is at 1:00.

  10. #10Lil' Danny2009-01-06 06:50

    Ahh yes, backing out of that job was a little hairy. I don't quite remember but I believe the wires went up over the gantry of the crane causing no harm. There are some cases where people have held wires up for us, or like Q-ball inferred, 2x4's. This is a common method when moving Transformers around.