Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

my new unit what a steal!!

hoeman600 ยท 2009-01-05 20:44

97 f350 stroker 27,000 miles myers unimount pro plow used 3 times the fella retierd . it only hauled sand and some stone . shes a cream puff. what ya think. now all i need is some snow . only paid 9500 bucks

Replies17
  1. #1Throttle2009-01-05 20:49

    27,000 miles??? I wouldn't want to drive it - it's too nice!

  2. #2bobcatmechanic2009-01-05 20:49

    two wheel, four wheel, manual, auto? chip exhaust or all stock

  3. #3hoeman6002009-01-05 20:57

    4 wheel , awfullmatic , programer and exaust on order. gotta make some money first. and yes I orderd the down pipe this bodystyle,s weakness

  4. #4dirt digger2009-01-05 21:22

    sweet deal...AAM must be treating you well, where you working now?

  5. #5bill onthehill2009-01-05 21:35

    I am not trying to bust your bubble but you have the exact same WESTERN plow I have on my 98 chevy 3500. Great plow with never a problem in 10 tough years of use. Yes you did steal it with that low of miles and all the paint still on the plow. Bill B.

  6. #6Burnout2009-01-05 22:39

    Sexy... wait let me clear that up. The truck is sexy not you, I mean I'm sure your a great catch and all, but that one time we met, it's just not enough for me to form an opinion on. So aaaaaaanyways back to the topic, awesome truck ya got there. We have plenty of snow up here in ontario. One of our guys racked our main plow truck up over a curb the other day with the 11ft arctic plow. The truck survived, the harness didn't.

  7. #7cat 3852009-01-05 22:53

    nice hoeman, i would like to have one like that.

  8. #8Steve Frazier2009-01-05 23:29

    I had the same year truck with the 5 speed, wish I hadn't traded it. Yours is in real nice shape. Add Brian's Truck Shop to your favorites, you'll probably need it especially if you're chipping and plowing. The E4OD tranny is not well engineered, the truck I had prior to my '97 had one and it blew up at 32,000 miles. I've been running standards since in my dumps. Good luck with it. Let it snow!!

  9. #9humboldt deere2009-01-06 00:28

    Hoeman, you will need to clearance the cab to fit the downpipe. First I tried pounding it in, but that was'nt working real good so I took a crowbar and the truck jack and jacked it into place, it worked great. Nice truck , I wish I had my 94 still I had a superchips programmer 4" exhaust and a $99 electronic exhaust brake that worked okay for the money. :cool2

  10. #10JimBruce422009-01-06 06:02

    Nice truck hoeman, looks like you'll get the chance to use it tonight :drinkup

  11. #11CM19952009-01-06 10:59

    Nice truck and very good price hoeman. All you need now is a trailer and a skidsteer........:cool2

  12. #1220dub2009-01-06 16:02

    marjen builders.. they are from my area in monmouth county.local guys.. only guys around me with brown trucks. all of there trucks are nice..they seem to take care of their trucks.. good deal you got there.good luck with it...:drinkup

  13. #13hoeman6002009-01-06 21:15

    thats kinda the plan. just gonna do some side work and some light hauling and see where it goes. still need to keep my 7 to 3:30 for the bennys ya know.

  14. #14CM19952009-01-06 21:32

    That is a good plan, build small at first with little or no debt and keep the "day" job to pay the bills and the bennies. See where it goes, good luck!

  15. #15Cat287B2009-01-07 05:25

    Whats that red thingy on the front? Sunny & 80 here. Pete

  16. #16Red Bank2009-01-07 20:36

    That is exactly what I am doing with my Mack and my 955. I did not make a fortune last year but I went and got my tags for the Mack last Friday and had money in the trucking account to pay for the tags, the insurance and maybe a couple of tires if they blow. Started last year with $1000 in the truck account. Did not pay myself, but I have broke a little above even. Nice truck hoeman, I hope it is the dawn of a new day for you!

  17. #17turbo642014-11-14 12:32

    You guys sound like good buddies, ask a trucker.