Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Just bought.

GFMotorsports ยท 2012-12-09 09:09

Just got a 81 IH s1854 and drove it home and turns out it needs a radiator. Any good online places to get one or perhaps I need to go to the dealer to get beat over the head. Also any resources for fluid capacities and info. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #101DUALLY2012-12-09 15:30

    This May help. http://www.heavytruckparts.net/search.php

  2. #2Kgmz2012-12-12 12:51

    There are a lot of aftermarket companies selling radiators. Just do a google search for heavy truck radiators. Also there should be some ads in the Truck Paper for some companies that are selling aftermarket radiators. You can check the digital editions and see the ads at the link below. Go to the bottom of the first page to see links for digital editions. http://www.truckpaper.com

  3. #3Birken Vogt2012-12-14 22:31

    A local radiator shop may be able to fix the one you have, also.

  4. #4GFMotorsports2012-12-16 08:04

    Took it to an exclusive radiator shop to rebuild it and it only cost 150 beans! Great deal thanks for the advice, now I need a power steering rebuild and some place to get PTO gear pump seals.

  5. #5buckfever2012-12-17 18:27

    I don't know where you went but we take all of ours to Carniege radiator. Great guy that can fix just about any rad. out of anything. As for the pumps try Point spring in Neville Island. Anything with big trucks these guys can fix.

  6. #6GFMotorsports2012-12-30 22:08

    Thanks for the info, I got the rad rebuilt by bakerstown radiator. Great guys and killer price.