Well I bought my first Excavator. It a new to me Cat 303.5E. (2016?) Very clean machine with 4700 hrs. I know its after the fact but i'd like to know pros and cons and what to look for going forward. I'd also like to find parts, service and operators manuals. It did not come with a thumb (which I need to move a boulder pile) so I'm looking for some specs on that in case I find a used one. Also looking for a small smooth bucket. ID No. CAT3035EPRKY01501
Prices are for new manuals O&M - SEBU8746 - $49 on CD, $57 in paper Parts - SEBP5957 - $109 on CD, $156 in paper Service - UENR1580 (will contain the O&M manual if it is complete) $800 on CD, $1125 in paper Search the usual internet marketplace suspects but beware of sellers proud of their used prices......... Here is a discounted (genuine) Parts Manual. You might ask the same seller about an O&M. SEBP5957 Caterpillar 303.5E Mini Hydraulic Excavator Parts Manual Book CD RKY | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for SEBP5957 Caterpillar 303.5E Mini Hydraulic Excavator Parts Manual Book CD RKY at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com
Good day If all is well with the machine it maybe a good time to time cylinders - tracks, equipment creep - engine revolutions - slew speed. Note the information as when it goes wrong you will have a very good reference. Kind regards Uffex
Both paper and CD versions of service manuals sold by the supplier I linked above contain the O&M Manual. You don't have to order it separately.
I don't want to sound like an idiot but O&M? Owners and Maintenance? Operation and Maintenance?
Time cylinders? Track, equipment creep?engine revolution? Slew speed? Is that english? What in the world are you asking? I've been around but some of those terms are new to me....
Operation & Maintenance. The digital equivalent to the buff-coloured book that should live in the pocket behind the seat.
Cylinder cycle times, track speeds, cylinder drift, engine speeds at low and high idle. All the parameters that it makes sense to have a baseline number for if you ever get into diagnostics further down the road. I’m sure this isn’t your first machine but somewhat amazed that you knew nothing about the terminology.
It is not my first machine and I've operated and owned a few pieces of equipment. It makes sense to have this info going forward for diagnostics. I will gather as much of this as i can when i take possession later this week. And don't be too amazed, there are a lot of things I'm still learning. 63 years and I still don't know it all....
Good day Attached some help, make a complete inspection you can get to know a lot about the machine by making a through inspection. Any point's you need clarification come back will try to help. Kind regards Uffex
WOW Great information. Thank you