Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best parts support for 80’s-90’s mini excavator

Mikefromcny ยท 2023-05-01 08:56

Hi all, looking to purchase an older mini/midi excavator. Just as a toy for around the house. Are there any brands I should steer away from with poor support for old machines? Recently passed up a clean takeuchi tb68s. Kinda leaning towards a yanmar b50. I work on newer machines for a living, but old machines never pass through the shop. Not opposed to grey machines, so long as I can find parts that cross over. Thoughts?

Replies2
  1. #1John V2023-05-01 09:54

    I have a mid-80s Hitachi excavator that is a rebranded Kubota. It's essentially a grey market Kubota Kh70. Almost all the parts cross over to a KH66 or KH91. Local kubota dealer is happy to sell me parts. Can't speak to Yanmar parts availability, but Kubota gets a thumbs up.

  2. #2Joel592023-05-01 13:51

    Yanmar B50 is a great machine. We've had 2 of them.