Hi Guys Well I just picked up a KX91-3 at an auction, its a 2004 model. I have a couple of questions: one of the tracks is finished and needs to be replaced, where is a good place to get those? The machine runs very well and seems nice and tight, no leaks etc. but there is and I'm not sure if its normal play in the turn table. Is there an adjustment there that can be made to tighten it up? Thanks in advance for any info Scott
Congrats on your purchase. I recently replaced a set of tracks on a u45 with Camoplast tracks, they seem to be working out just fine. How many hours does it have on it? Are you sure the play is in the turntable or is it in the joints of the swing boom assembly, the big knuckle that the boom attaches to. If there is play in the turntable there is no adjustment, only replacement of the swing bearing. Place the bucket flat on the gound and have someone watch between cab and the track frame while you slowly apply down pressure with the boom and see if the cab(upper structure) moves separate from the track frame. Hopefully it isn't the turntable...
Oh so a turn table bearing is bad?? seems any repairs on these are bad though
Ya I checked the play today and it seems to be only in the boom bushings, Whew!!!!
Glad to hear that, not as glad as you are though...
Last winter I replaced the pins and bushings on my Kx . The pins & bushings were worn on the swing bracket (where the boom attaches to frame) not too bad of a job & about $700 to tighten up.