O what is this? :notworthy
Nice! :drinkup
someone emptied the change jar to buy that blade
Sweet looking finish machine! Whats the chances of some more pics?!! Jason
Jeeez, the cab on that monster looks like an airport control tower!
So thats where all the monster truck tires are going....lol!
First time i've seen pics of one outside of a mine. I don't know if that holds true in the real world or not.
is that a 24H?
:beatsmeyes it looks like it!
I kinda thought it was.... When I toured the Syncrude site in Fort Mcmurray Canada back in 2007 I saw a couple of them and was like holy crap there huge!.....biggest grader I've run was a cat 160m and that was to drive it through city streets to the weight scale and then up to a place that installed aftermarket attachment's....I became very fond of the return to square feature for when turning corners!
They specifically omitted the 24H sticker on this grader so they can road it from site to site if need be and claim it's a 16 if anyone complains. There are only a few people who would ever know the difference. Between you and me, on a two lane road with a soft shoulder you don't really have any room if you meet something else big. And you thought roading a 16 was a challenge! JTL I have some videos coming too. Here's a picture of my shot rod standing straight up and down against the mold board. Check out the cutting edges on that thing! For you people who deal in inches and yards 1.1m = 3.5ft:
That is an awesome beast! Look at the thickness of the moldboard blades. Looking forward to the videos.
Finishing goes faster when you can get to grade in one pass!
Yep....could you just imagine how much road you would get done in one day! Add speed grading to the mix...Wowwww...:drinkup
Amazing machine, only ever seen one 24 and that came through town on 2 different low boys, main body on one large one, and tires and blade on another. Thanks for sharing. Trbo
sweet i sat out by the new hospital for a bit jst to wach that beast chase buggies nice pickes
You missed it Vantage T, 1.1m meter is actually...3.6089 ft. The mold board just got bigger! That thing's insane!
Well if you want to get technical it was 1.17m YouTube - 24H Driveby Here is the full link for a larger HD version: http://www.youtube.com/user/vantagetes#play/uploads/3/Sna7RP1lyGU
1.17m? Now it's 3.838 ft! This thing is getting as big as a dozer blade! Cool video! :cool2
Awesome TeS! I like the story about taking the stickers off to make it seem smaller to move around! I have seen that done quite a few times. A D9H with D7G stickers on it. A 988G with 980G stickers. Ive even seen it the other way around. A logging contractor I know at home has a 200 Komatsu hoe with 220 stickers and a 12G blade with 14H stickers on it. (He does alot of Forest Service Call When Needed work.) Bigger and newer machines make more money! How says loggers are stupid! By the way, what are you guys building, and how much muck are you moving? Must be quite the haul, having a 24 on site for road maintance. Would be impressive to see this project! Jason
12x 651 scrapers (+2 D11N pushcats) 10x 631 scrapers (+2 D10N/R pushcats) 8x 657 scrapers 24H 14G 140H 2x water trucks 2x 631 water buffs 2x 816F packers 2x 825B packers For now...haha 1 million cubic meters for a (looks like industrial) subdivision, 3 ponds and a couple streets.
WOW! That's alot of equipment!!!
Thats an impressive amount of iron for only a million meters! My calculations would put the heavy dirt moving to about 24 days. I like that get it done-move on to the next one attitude! Sounds like a project I worked on in California a few years ago. Only that one was 10 times as much muck to move. Looks like a fun project, have a good time! Jason