Not sure the condition or how long it we will be blessed with it. It was delivered to our quarry to be used doing some stripping of overburden. Don't know much about it, yet, just drove by it as I was leaving work yesterday, it does have a ripper on it. I know the first thing I'll be doing is putting the blade back on the front. I was told it took two days to get off for shipping? Sounds like some pins and bores need some major cleaning and good coat of anti-seize Despite working in a quarry for 44+ years I could probably count on one or two hands the number of dozers I have done any major work on. Hope this one is not a "good to go" as some of the "loaners" we tend to get from other parts of the company
Last time I worked with those we had to put a bolt in the reverse slot on the shift lever when they were set up as push tractors with cushion block and blades. One had a single shank coal ripper and we had enough blade and blocks for 4 of the 6 machines to either push scrapers or dirt. Could be worse, they could be cable blades.
Fist thing I will check out on Monday is where the plug to connect the laptop for Cat ET so I can see if there are any logged trouble codes and due a quick calibration of all sensors:tong
Yer a funny guy. Make sure you check oil in the little engine.
Who is qualified to give operator training as per "msha"? Did it come with a legible operators manual and service records?
Now you just know how to ruin a guys day, don't you.
Lol.... you'll have to wear dual hearing protection and run it a half hour per shift.
KS we are all waiting for an update ( with pics) of new D9.
Well I will need to take some pictures. Last week we did manage the time to re-install the blade. We are a bit short handed so it has not been put to work. One of our guys did have time to grease it, after he dug out the dried mud covering the fittings. Then he topped off the oils, hydraulic oil tank only took 17 gallons Seems the last place it was might have missed that on the pre-shift report