Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

just hangin around

petepilot ยท 2020-08-29 00:26
Replies15
  1. #1Truck Shop2020-08-29 01:02

    Didn't see many of those out this way, I bet those rode pretty rough.

  2. #2Vetech632020-08-29 01:04
  3. #3Truck Shop2020-08-29 01:07

    What ever that means?

  4. #4Truck Shop2020-08-29 01:21
  5. #5Bumpsteer2020-08-29 01:36

    Makes my back hurt just looking at it.... Ed

  6. #6mitch5042020-08-29 12:06

    Tandem versions of that, most with a slightly longer hood, were everywhere here. I was always told they were the cheapest truck available. I know where you might pick up a red tandem, for your collection.

  7. #7Truck Shop2020-08-29 19:43

    If your talking to me-I don't have a collection. Other than the one paper. https://heavytruckforums.com/index.php?threads/pen-ink-truck-drawings.275/

  8. #8mitch5042020-08-29 21:14

    Naw, petepilot was the one who took a pic of it. I know he has a collection (of future projects). Proof here: HeavyEquipmentForums Those drawings are fantastic, by the way.

  9. #9petepilot2020-08-29 21:33

    if the cab is reasonably intact I might be interested

  10. #10Old Doug2020-08-29 21:40

    Man up if trucks were met to ride soft what kind of truck drivers would there be today?

  11. #11Truck Shop2020-08-29 21:54

    I drove cab overs way back when I started -and that didn't make sense because there are very few drivers today. That white was meant for east coast cities.

  12. #12JinFung2020-08-30 10:56

    still working?

  13. #13mitch5042020-08-30 15:17

    I'll stop by and look, it looks good from the road. Then man that owns it has about 25 fairly new to brand new trucks, and that old White. It hasn't moved in a few years.

  14. #14Old Doug2020-08-31 19:38

    I have a hard time thinking about some of the old Whites,Autocars, macks and others being used to pull vans full of card board boxes and other lite loads seeing how heavy they were built and sprung but i know thats what they were used for.

  15. #15petepilot2020-08-31 22:50

    is still doing limited duty