Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

nice person

petepilot ยท 2020-09-06 18:46

some nice person patched up the hood & fenders on my corn popper. had pretty good idea what they were doing too.

Replies21
  1. #1Old Doug2020-09-11 19:41

    Fun truck to do engine work on .

  2. #2petepilot2020-09-11 20:51

    well said

  3. #3petepilot2020-09-13 23:38

    little grinding to do yet.

  4. #4crane operator2020-09-14 00:01

    20" chrome bumper and some 8" stacks and you'll be ready for the truck shows.

  5. #5petepilot2020-09-14 00:53

    afraid not . might make it as a yard dog

  6. #6mitch5042020-09-14 13:25

    You can really see that it's a 2200 in that pic. I didn't know the difference until our previous discussion. I wonder why they made those?

  7. #7petepilot2020-09-14 13:46

    did you ever look closer at the white you mentioned?____ short wheel base city del.

  8. #8mitch5042020-09-14 17:23

    oops, I actually forgot all about it, but I will

  9. #9Old Doug2020-09-14 19:01

    What are you going to use this truck for?

  10. #10petepilot2020-09-24 20:55

    doug. was`nt ignoring you been busy. i`m kickin the idea around of putting an air or hydraulic lift fifth wheel on it then see if some one wants to get a few more yrs. use out of it

  11. #11Old Doug2020-09-24 21:25

    My dad has 2 new hoods out behind the barn but they have been there 20+ years i bet there trash.

  12. #12petepilot2020-09-24 22:24

    the one i just patched was pretty close to the trash word

  13. #13petepilot2020-10-22 20:55

    looks somewhat better now

  14. #14petepilot2020-10-22 20:58

    got same pic. in both posts%$^*(

  15. #15Old Doug2020-10-23 18:59

    Looks good i would like to paint my truck this winter.

  16. #16petepilot2020-11-08 17:43
  17. #17mitch5042020-11-09 01:04

    That White isn't sitting there anymore. The owner's son, (who runs the trucking side of the company) didn't know where it went, but he knew it would never be scrapped. I haven't seen the owner to ask, but I bet it's being restored.

  18. #18DMiller2020-11-09 07:13

    Worked a fleet that preferred the 2275 series, ABSOLUTE PITA except for shuttling trailers for repairs, short WB as a cabover so turn tight. Did not mind the 2575 series, were fairly decent trucks and cab layout even with a Cummins or Cat inline in them. Corn Queens, almost and I SAY ALMOST as homely as R190s!!!!

  19. #19petepilot2020-11-17 20:41

    thanx for checkin mitch

  20. #20Shimmy12020-11-17 21:53

    Is that a 90" cab? I thought all wide cabs had a split windshield?

  21. #21petepilot2020-11-18 00:36

    yes full 90