Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Just Rolled out of the final finish shop today..9 axle trailer

Chaz Murray ยท 2007-12-04 16:48

Brand new Murray M2000 9 axle trailer.... It just rolled out of the final finish shop about 45 min ago...still have a few little details to finish up but its about there

Replies26
  1. #1Countryboy2007-12-04 19:40

    Nice looking trailer Chaz. :drinkup So how much does one of them go for?

  2. #2Canadian_digger2007-12-04 19:40

    I only see 6 axles

  3. #3fireman0502007-12-04 19:45

    holy crap that is huge

  4. #4Chaz Murray2007-12-04 20:24

    ya count the truck too....so yes you are right its only 6 axles...well if ya want to get technical...there are 12 axles on it 16 tire groups

  5. #5Chaz Murray2007-12-04 20:26

    figure before the housing market crashed...figure the price of a nice house in california and you are about right

  6. #6thejdman042007-12-04 20:38

    nice

  7. #7Dirtmaster2007-12-11 23:47

    Turning that 12 axle setup?? How in God's green Earth can you go around corners with that thing? I know, swing wide...... But seriously, what's the turning radius? A football field?

  8. #8Chaz Murray2007-12-12 00:44

    I have never personaly towed one down the highway...just pulled it around the yard and that is hard enough tryin to miss all things around it... I would say a football field is a little less than what it really needs... Now if it has the steerable rear end, "magnum" on our website then that one is almost as easy as pulling a 5 axle around.. as long as the deck clears about half way you are good...it will steer around the rest of the way

  9. #9Canadian_digger2007-12-12 21:27

    How long is the total lenght of the trailer?

  10. #10Chaz Murray2007-12-13 00:07

    106'

  11. #11fordguy2013-01-13 21:21

    These M2000's are amazing, i'm in the proccess of building a 1/14 scale one out of brass for a R/C truck, trying to go to scale but most of what im going off of is just pictures so we'll see how it goes. stopped by murray for an interview the other day but was afraid to ask about some measurments

  12. #12Scrub Puller2013-01-13 23:06

    Yair . . . Chas Murray What payload roughly throughout the 'States and how much deflection do you get on the bed? Cheers

  13. #13Blmreject2013-01-13 23:38

    Our 9 axle low boy is about 99 feet truck, Jeep, trailer and booster. Loaded It can turn around in 100 feet wide area but it's really hard on everything. You have to really pull on it. But our Jeep isn't nearly that long. The booster is a little shorter as well. The hardest part is finding somewhere flat enough. With a 100 ton rt or some thing else really top heavy you have to pretty cautious. You don't want to wind up hi centered in the middle of turning around.

  14. #14Chaz Murray2013-01-14 03:06

    That is a tough question to answer since each states rules are different... In California we are allowed 60,000lbs on a 16tire group at 10' wide as well as a few other states so depending on the deck that is in the trailer the payload would range from 175k-180k Approximately. The biggest factor would be if it has the beam deck or the step deck in the trailer.

  15. #15renovator2013-01-14 18:36

    Wow! That thing is gorgeous! What does it weigh?

  16. #16Scrub Puller2013-01-14 19:44

    Yair . . . Chaz Murray or any one. I assume this trailer built some specific axle spacing formulae. The part I don't understand is the front axle groups appear to be different to the back . . . or is that an optical illusion? Cheers

  17. #17JDOFMEMI2013-01-14 21:55

    Scrub It is an illusion. The axle spacing is 5'9" on the trailer groups. Any less and Cali will not give the full 60,000# permitted weight. The truck hitched to it looks to have a standard 4'6" spacing. Here is a short version of the state rules. http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/traffops/permits/faq.htm#a11 The full rule book is something around 300 pages, and will likely cause brain damage if you try to digest it in one sitting.

  18. #18glenlunberg2013-06-14 22:39

    Wow! Cool trailer! If I have lots of money, I will going to purchase that kind of trailer!

  19. #19Dualie2013-06-18 01:26

    Any orders for the new M3000?

  20. #20Chaz Murray2013-09-24 22:59

    One rolled out the door about a month before I left the company. I don't know if there are anymore to be built or not.

  21. #21Birken Vogt2013-09-25 08:51

    When did you leave?

  22. #22JDOFMEMI2013-09-27 20:48

    Chaz Sounds like a story there. Care to share where you left for?

  23. #23Chaz Murray2013-09-29 20:25

    My last day was September 10th. I am now with Cozad.

  24. #24RollOver Pete2013-12-02 01:44

    Interesting... opcorn

  25. #25Chaz Murray2013-12-23 22:53

    Yes its a popcorn worthy story....no not going to post it.

  26. #26ben46a2013-12-24 19:39

    I work with family too, quit three times so far. I know the feeling!