our little dozer, with home made deep ripping single shank ripper closeup of ripper and showing off
Actually I have a question to some of the more mechanically minded people here, as you can see in the photos we have modified the ripper. However now, because for every 1 inch the hydraulics move the ripper moves 6 inches up or down. when ripping the down force of the ripper is often higher then the lift of the hydraulics. and it slowly pulls the ripper into the ground by forcing the hydraulics out. If this was left unchanged for hundreds of hours is it likely to do damage to the hydraulic rams or pump etc?
Don't know about damage to the pump, but I see your setup as something like using a breaker bar to break loose a 3/8 bolt. That long of a ripper has a lot more leverage then the hydraulics can handle, maybe ever more then the ripper bars can take. You may blow a seal before the pump.
i suspect it will eventually blow a seal because it is being constantly overloaded. im more worried about it wrecking the hydraulic pump as that will be costly
Yair . . . thetabop . I have the same situation on a little Ford/Shibaura when grading . . . to much load and it rolls the bucket back. It's been doing it for twenty years or so and I just assumed any over pressure was taken care of by the relief valve. You got deep rabbits there mate to need that style of ripper? Cheers.
Hey scrub, actually I work on a flower farm that grows a lot of eucalyptus for florists, and we live on hard crappy ground with no irrigation, so we deep rip as best we can so the plants can drink
It just needs a little fabricating. I remember seeing one that had an axle with steel wheels on it. It had trailer type tongue and was pulled with a dozer's drawbar. The ripper shank was adjustable by moving it up or down and holding it in position with a pin. A Murry Ripper is pretty sweet set-up.
Your just going across the reliefs