Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Just when you get the hang of Cat numbering…

alaskaforby4 · 2021-01-03 15:35

"Recently, we simplified the naming for our entire dozer line-up." Haha, so D3 is a D5, D4 is a D6, D5 is a D6 and D6 is actually a D6.. Way to go Cat, really straitened things out with this one. lol https://www.cat.com/en_US/campaigns/awareness/dozer_nomenclature.html

Replies9
  1. #102Dmax2021-01-03 17:05

    Lol, it did kinda always annoy me the there were so many different D6's. I can't count how many times I've been called out to work on a "big d6" and it's a 6k or 6n or 6m or something funky like that. And for whatever reason those guys then treat me like I don't know what a D6 is because I was expecting an R or T. Lol. Oh well.

  2. #2Coaldust2021-01-03 17:56

    That’s going to take awhile to get used to.

  3. #3shopguy2021-01-04 21:20

    And just as I get that the D4C is after the D4D LOL

  4. #4hosspuller2021-01-04 22:06

    Deere did renumbered their tractors to reflect the horsepower. I think it helps sales discussions and parts ordering... Keeps the family heritage straight. A family tree instead of the vine in the bush

  5. #5Bumpsteer2021-01-04 22:19

    Makes my head hurt...... Ed

  6. #6Tyler d4c2021-01-04 22:50

    Two different d4c models that had nothing in common also

  7. #7shopguy2021-01-04 22:52

    Sell,s lot’s of beer

  8. #8John C.2021-01-05 11:23

    The BS grinder keeps on working.

  9. #9Vetech632021-01-05 14:12

    Awoman! ............OPPSSS