Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Just when you thought you had seen it all on youtube this pops up.

.RC. · 2025-01-03 17:21

I have seen quite a few of these videos. I think this one takes the cake for most horrific working conditions. Wait until you see 37 minutes in.

Replies25
  1. #1Truck Shop2025-01-03 18:38

    Yeah------it makes cleaning toilets for a living seem inviting, true meaning of a sweat shop.

  2. #2treemuncher2025-01-03 21:45

    I like the safety shoes but not the safety glasses

  3. #3Joe H2025-01-04 00:03

    That white guy that popped out of the oven at the 1 minute mark, where the hell did he come from? Joe H

  4. #4skyking12025-01-04 00:45

    a portal, a rift in space/time from the other side of the planet.

  5. #5Joe H2025-01-04 00:59

    That oil at about 24 min, is that Tractor Supply Universal Hydraulic Fluid ? Joe H

  6. #6HarleyHappy2025-01-04 07:56

    And I thought I was doing pretty good in my teens, breaking up automatic transmissions with a 5 pound hammer and I would make 15 bucks per tranny in cast aluminum and steel. Looks like pretty good green energy to me. lol

  7. #7colson042025-01-04 09:07

    Over the past year or so, I had seen a bunch of short videos of Chinese or Indian, Pakistani, etc, using various methods to break down used tires. I always wondered what they did with the remnants and now I know. I had kind of assumed they were piling them in land fills, but I'm not surprised they found a way to extract usable resources from them.

  8. #856wrench2025-01-04 09:21

    They appear to have a strong work ethic and short life expectancy

  9. #9ianjoub2025-01-04 09:21

    You can't have a gas stove and cow farts are ruining the planet.

  10. #10cfherrman2025-01-04 10:49

    I'm going to watch this whole thing. One thing that stands out to me is how much oil has saved the trees

  11. #11terex herder2025-01-04 14:30

    It doesn't look to me like about recycling tires. Looks like making a centrifugally cast cast iron tubing to me. Some of the other pieces in the machine shop look like they are for a roller mill.

  12. #12JaredV2025-01-04 14:35

    Everything looks perfectly fine to me except I can't believe they'd pull from the top link on the tractor!

  13. #13Pops522025-01-04 14:45

    It reminded me of my first job as the shop flunky for that trucking company.......

  14. #14.RC.2025-01-04 15:55

    They recycle everything. I was working in the hold of a ship unloading it many years ago and we got to the bottom and the hold floor was lined with 20kg fertiliser bags that had been sewn together. The hold would have been probably a hundred and fifty feet long.

  15. #15Vetech632025-01-04 15:56

    YIKES!!!!!!

  16. #16chidog2025-01-04 20:38

    I would not like to do that work wearing essentially pajamas, like they do. Wow ! Bare feet, and bare hands on a steel cable? Wow! Many times I watch these video's and see them using zero eye protection, doing things I do with it and still get crap in my eyes? Just crazy stuff. That large centrifugal casting looked like it had a huge longitudinal crack ? Those flip flop shoes and hot slag, how fun.

  17. #17Queenslander2025-01-05 04:36

    It would be interesting to know how much stuff we consume now is made in workshops like this. I saved this shot from a clip I was watching of Perkins crankshafts being manufactured in similar conditions. We recently bought this little JD tractor to run an auger and roller mill and was a little surprised to find that the entire machine was made in India. Even down to the Stanadyne fuel pump and Carraro front axle.

  18. #18.RC.2025-01-05 06:31

    Twenty somethign years ago a neighbour bought a new JD tractor, but it was nothing but a rebadged Zetor or eastern europe. I think the drivetrain was fine, but he had a lot of ancillory issues with it.

  19. #19DDoug2025-01-05 08:13

    I think JD now owns Zetor....

  20. #2056wrench2025-01-05 09:09

    Hey Queenslander, is that a ‘Westfield’ grain auger?

  21. #21Queenslander2025-01-05 14:30

    Yes, as you would know, they are manufactured in Canada. Imported and assembled only a couple of hours from us, great backup and parts support….and not made in a third world country.

  22. #2256wrench2025-01-06 10:43

    Brandt makes a good auger but cost about 30% more than a Westfield. Meridian/Sakundiak are middle-of-the-road regarding price and quality in my opinion. Like you said though, parts and support are very important

  23. #23wlhequipment2025-01-07 14:44

    Say what you want about overbearing OSHA / MSHA / DOL regs, etc... I bet these guys don't live much past 30.

  24. #24Joe H2025-01-09 00:53

    And all blind from welding without helmets. And dirty, those guys are dirty beyond any soap on earth. Joe H

  25. #25Mo Mentum2025-05-01 08:36

    Agree. If we didn't have OSHA, we would be working like this in America. Not that I like OSHA (when they go crazy over the stupid little stuff), but you have to admit the billionaires could care less about us working class and only give us protection because they have to.