Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Height Restrictions for Old Timers

Relic ยท 2025-01-03 15:45

Just wondering how much height restrictions have changed over the last 6 decades or so... any ideas? I'm guessing they're a lot higher now than what they used to be. I'm thinking of buying an old lowbed and sectioning the neck to get some better clearance.

Replies6
  1. #1cuttin edge2025-01-03 19:47

    Still 13' 6" all across Canada unless you have a permit, and a route with no wires or structures

  2. #2Shimmy12025-01-03 20:16

    13'6" here is legal. I think it used to be 14', so if anything, it's less. We set all our exhaust at 12'9", catches most everything you can travel in a truck.

  3. #3Relic2025-01-03 20:42

    great thanks. I'll cipher it out so the top of the hoe is less than 12'9".

  4. #4IceHole2025-01-03 23:41

    15ft here.

  5. #5skyking12025-01-03 23:44

    If I fold the 120 tight it measures 13'2" on the tilt deck.

  6. #6Welder Dave2025-01-06 21:32

    I put a 14' door on my pole shed and they said anything legal height will fit in it.