Some pictures I took this spring at the Heavy Construction Show in Abbotsford BC. This is a Kaiser S2 Spyder Hoe
And some more
Last set
thanks a lot Brian,i`m in love with this excavator!!! Do you have any other pictures of this show???Because i love this show but i can`t find pictures .
Do you have assisted to the montage of this show?
Im in love with it too I went to the show just to see it and meet the Kaiser Canada rep. Great guy, he has an older Spyder on his acreage that he let play with. I have a few pictures of it that I will post. I didnt take pictures of anything else at the show though. I got to the show a day early and helped him carry some of the stuff in. When the show was over he let me load some of the attachments, what an awsome machine. I should have taken som pics inside the cab.
Similar to an American machine that was being shown several years ago at MineExpo and ConExpo. I have never seen one anywhere else either working or in a dealers or owners yard.
There is an American made machine like this? Who makes it?
Wish I could tell you Brian, like I say, they were rare and it's been a long time since I saw one. Actually, now that I think about it a bit, it may have been a British machine. I remember watching the demonstration. Very definitely a niche machine.
Did you see this thread Brian? Schaeff Walking Excavators Don't know where they are made or distributed but its a different brand. :beatsme
Thanks CB the machine in that picture is actually a Kaiser S2. The Terex/Schaeff machine is no longer made from what I have heard. Terex markets a walking excavator but they are not selling. They put Terex Paint on a Kaiser machine and try and sell them with a huge markup.
Thanks for the clarification. I've never seen one of these in real life so I don't know much about them....well except for the fact that they can probably handle more than the operator feels comfortable with.
My first hand exerience with them is only what I gained that weekend. But I have been studying them and digging up all the info I can find for about a year now. Soon I should be posting pictures of my own Spyder
As I mentioned in the other thread, a very good friend of mine had 2 Schaeff's years ago. They were both good machines as far as I know and he made a TON of money with them.
Right on. I found a Shaeff machine for sale a while ago and was seriously considering it. The price was really good but when I called Terex to see about parts availability they had no idea what I was talking about. That did not suprise me because of how rare they are. But what turned me off was I called twice and was told they were going to look into it for me but they never called me back. Then I later learned that they were discontinued and no longer suported in North America. Had they called me back and told me that and about the S2 I probably would have considered one of those. Knowing what I do now though Im glad they didnt call back.
Yes, that is the name of the machines I saw. There is a bit of discussion on them in Google, looks like Terex got their mitts on them for a while.
Oh? Thats the scoop Joe? Got some links for me?
Here is a link to the page on Terex/schaeff's web site that has walking excavators http://www.schaeff.com/english/produkte_schreitbagger.htm If you follow the links to get the specs its a link to Kaisers web site. And if you follow the link to find a dealer in North America it brings you to Terex Americas. There is no mention of walking excavators at all there...I dont know how all that works. I know Kaiser has been in the US for a while now but is new to Canada. The pictures I posted are of the first new one sold in Canada. Over seas they are really big and have been around for a long time. They originate in Switzerland and the first was built in 1965 by kaiser/Menzi. (or Kaiser/Muck Im not sure). Kaiser had the idea and Menzi had the facilities to build it. Later they broke apart and each started making their own. Kaiser and Menzi Muck. There are a few more who make them now but Kaiser and Menzi by far dominate the market and kaiser is the most popular of the two.
Hi, guys. I've been lurking for a while, this thread got me to finally register. This is obviously not an excavator but the same concept. This was in St. Peter's Church in Rome this summer. If I manage to post the picture you can see it has white rubber track so as not leave marks. It had to climb a stairway to get to this spot. Mario
Welcome to HEF Komatsu 150! :drinkup
Meant to say whats the scoop Joe? not thats the scoop lol
Thats a neat looking machine Komatsu....what does it do?
Looks like a manlift. Cool machine!:thumbsup
This reminds of those mechwarriors video game.
Bout told you all I know about them Brian, no one I knew ever evidenced the slightest bit of interest in these strange machines. I suppose thay have their place, but it wasn't where something else more conventional could do the job nearly as well and for less outlay of money.
Thanks for the welcome Countryboy. Yes, it's a manlift. They were doing some minor restoration work on the ceiling which was at least 30 feet high, maybe more. I wanted my teen age daughter to take a couple more pictures but she said I was "embarrassing" her by wanting to take pictures of machines.
Here is another of the machine at the show (thats me in the grey t-shirt and on the ground in the last one) And some of the older machine that I got to try out. Pictures arent very good because it was getting dark. I didnt get any of when I got to try it out on the slope because it was to dark by then.
---------