Hello everyone.This is my first post. I have a mid or later 70's Kamatsu D31. I don't know the exact year so I'm guessing. I replaced a hydraulic junction block on the blade arm (left side). I bled the air out of the lines and through a past experience, I know there is a sequence with the bleeding plugs but I don't remember it. My problem is to steep of a tilt to the right and a bearly level blade to the left. About 15 years ago, I repaired one of the cylinders and had the same problem except an old timer at a dealer told me the order to bleed everything and who knows what I did with those directions. A tech came out to work on one of our end dumps and couldn't figure it out either, even after being told to leave the plugs alone and just crack the hoses to bleed the left and right angle cylinders. I know that's not the only thing I bled years ago. Well, I thought this might be the place to ask while in the meantime and sparetime, I'll be waisting alot of hydaulic fluid and probably my time. (the machine is antiquated) Thanks a whole lot Mike M
Welcome to HEF. :thumbsup You've come to right place and although I don't have an answer, somebody here probably will :yup .
Some of the newer D31's have the same procedure so you could call your dealer and ask them to send you the pages from the manual. There are three plugs and you need to bleed them in a simple sequence which any mechanic should be able to figure out... or like you say slacken the hoses on that side of the cylinder. The important thing (with any cylinder on any type of machine) is to initially after cylinder change or major oil loss is run at idle and stop the cylinder about 4" from stroke end several times in each direction without hitting cylinder limit or going over relief and gradually increase the engine speed.
Did you ever find out how to bleed the angle cylinders? I'm having the same problem on my 1978 D31A now.
Does your machine have the push button switch on top of the angle/tilt control lever?
No, the tilt control lever is part of the lift lever. Forward and back is up and down and left and right is tilt left and right. The angle lever is a separate lever to the right of the lift lever. No push button. This is a 1978 D31A-16 2500 series. It's in great shape other than this no tilt to the left issue. 2900 hours on the meter.