Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kamatsu Dozer D155AX-6 error CA1642

idss · 2021-12-06 08:03

Hi guys I an working on a Kamatsu dozer d155ax-6 serial number 80423 showing error CA1642 for EGR inlet sensor pressure low, but there is no EGR inlet pressure sensor, not that i can see, and according to the diagram it is connected to EGC1(DRC-60) pin 20 on the the ECM connector ,but the pin has no wire connected to it . so i need can help.

Replies11
  1. #1ChuckRock2021-12-07 10:54

    I think you may be overlooking the sensor

  2. #2idss2021-12-09 07:43
  3. #3idss2021-12-09 07:51

    I did check and check several times but it is not there, not even the wiring harness. it looks like this serial number did not come with one, because there is no wire connected to the ECM for it, just a plug in pin 20 where the wire should be.

  4. #4ChuckRock2021-12-09 10:46

    Does this machine have an EGR system on it? Was the calibration updated on this unit? An incorrect calibration could explain this situation - It may be far fetched but it would explain the lack of a sensor.

  5. #5idss2021-12-10 07:17

    Yes the machine do have a EGR on it , I do not think it was calibrated, i have never done a calibration on Kamatsu before, where can i find the directions to do it, I will check the manual to see if i can fine how to do it

  6. #6ChuckRock2021-12-10 11:11

    Engine calibrations should only be updated when required - this may not be the case. I read your location to be Antigua and thought there may be a mix of emissions control hardware installed on this unit contributing to this interesting issue. Are you able to read the EGR inlet pressure on the in cab monitor or through Cummins Insite? I am curious to see what the reading is that is causing the ECM to throw the code and limit engine power. Are you able to provide pictures of the area the sensor is called out in? It looks like there is heat shielding covering the sensor's location. The document I am referencing is SEN00596-26 (machine) and SEN00074-16(Engine) which shows the EGR inlet pressure sensor where I called it out earlier. I think there is more to the situation from the looks of it. Here is the troubleshooting guide below for the listed fault.

  7. #7idss2021-12-11 08:12

    i am not at the machine for a few days , but should be able to do the checks during the coming week and let you know the results, thanks for all the help so far.

  8. #8idss2021-12-15 08:32

    Good day guys, I did some test on the machine and see the results below. I did all at high and low idle anD there was no change in the readings, except the 18200 bypass valve position. 17903 EGR inlet pressure = 1.020 kg/cm2 18001 EGR inlet pressure sense volts = 0 mV 18100 EGR valve position =0.00 mm 18101 EGR valve position sense volts 980mv 18201 Bypass valve position sense volts = 1000mV 18200 Bypass valve position 0.00 to 13.50 mm it varies only if I return to idle quickly , it jumps to 13.50 and back to 0.00 in a second, I dont know if that means anything. I also did test on the oil pressure 200 to 300 psi to the EGR

  9. #9ChuckRock2021-12-15 11:42

    I did some more digging and found that there have been multiple issues of the incorrect engine controller being installed at the factory - at this point I would advise you to take all of your current troubleshooting and this information and file a TSR with Komatsu. Most likely the ECM or Engine Controller will be replaced. Let me know how it goes!

  10. #10idss2021-12-16 08:55

    I will advise the owner of the machine according to your recommendations. Any thoughts on the EGR system readings?. Thanks for all the help , I do appreciate it.

  11. #11ChuckRock2021-12-16 10:40

    The images below may be able to help explain the situation to the customer - If you need I may be able to help out with the whole manual. When the ECM sees the condition of "Signal voltage in EGR inlet pressure sensor circuit is abnormally low." The ECM then operates in a specific mode - In this instance the Action of controller • Sets EGR inlet pressure to default value (102 kPa {1.04 kg/cm2}) and continues operation.• Limits output and continues operation. I believe the EGR system is functioning correctly while seeing this fault. As your location is off the beaten path, I am curious how Komatsu will respond with replacement parts. Do you have access to a Komatsu Distributor on the island? The closest one I have seen is in Venezuela - (Maquinarias MEGA C.A.) I would guess the machine is outside of any warranty it has had. I would imagine they will need photographs of the machine, engine and ECM from multiple angles including the data plates. I am curious as to why the machine developed this concern just now - a question I am sure the Komatsu representative will also ask. Good Luck! Let me know if I can help any further!